Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof gully and drains

Billywizz

Billywizz

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Cleaned my roof gully and drains today, surprising how much crap accumulates especially on the awning side!
I clean them quite regularly and found the drivers side blocked! Well worth the time and effort to keep it clean!

My coincidence I did the same today - mine were also part blocked. It is amazing how they get blocked up so quickly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cleaned my roof gully and drains today, surprising how much crap accumulates especially on the awning side!
I clean them quite regularly and found the drivers side blocked! Well worth the time and effort to keep it clean!
An essential part of Cali cleaning. Spring must be here!

Do I need a howto guide or something to clean the roof drain holes? Or is it self-explananatory? I do remember seeing an extensive thread with photos about this subject once. I'll go and find that first.

It’s amazing how much gunk builds up in this area. Did mine this week too...

645A29B5-D7E1-4141-BB44-073E00951A72.jpeg

@ThomasHJ , there are several threads pointing out where the drains are and how to remove the plastic cap on the front .
i posted pictures of this a very long time ago and others did also.
Its very easy to find the drainholes and keeping them clean , the problem starts when you not look at it for long periodes and debris starts collecting.

@Hotel California seeing as how we have the same dealer (VWCC in Amersfoort) am I safe to assume that they do not check/clean the roof drains when the van goes in for service?

Yes, found the threads. Just saw there was some discussion about whether to use a seringe with water or use air. I have never checked the drain holes up till now and want to do it to prevent possible leakage but wouldn't want to dislocate any parts andcreate a leakage problem ;-)

@Hotel California seeing as how we have the same dealer (VWCC in Amersfoort) am I safe to assume that they do not check/clean the roof drains when the van goes in for service?

Yes, found the threads. Just saw there was some discussion about whether to use a seringe with water or use air. I have never checked the drain holes up till now and want to do it to prevent possible leakage but wouldn't want to dislocate any parts andcreate a leakage problem ;-)
Cleared mine yesterday. Method is in elevating roof section. Really easy task Overall.