Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof Ladder?

Also have this and nearly £120 in pocket and used around Cali and at home.
Easily stowed on rear bed extension with bedding, accessible at “bedding up” from within van.
Use sideways (NB both seats need swivelled”)
See image.
Any issues. Keep thumbs/fingers away from treads when releasing latches to collapse for storage. Only experience once, very painful

Re in use, take up yoga. Had the being kicked in head but after taking up yoga for both of us, a “ head kick” is no longer likely or expectedView attachment 50921
Thanks a lot for that info. Well worth considering

Not sure that this is the cheapest way of purchasing a ladder

Make one out of plastic pipe from the plumber supplier. Much cheaper and will do the same job
Does the job and handy for cleaning the roof. Also the bag has loops that can be hung behind the rear seat over the headrests.

Got club ladder, it's ok but would have liked something to hold it together when in use e.g. spring loaded buttons that you have to press in to separate ladder. It does not securely attach on to the roof ledge when in use and always afraid it could move sideways etc. Been thinking of someway of holding the 2 pieces together when slotted together and someway of securing it to the roof ledge when using. Only idea so far is Velcro to hold it together and Velcro somehow on top of ladder and on the roof ledge, any ideas would be very much appreciated

Never ever stand on the arm rests.....Never ever close the roof with the windows and doors closed....Both will be costly and pain in the backside to fix....

Given the armrests are in the right position for climbing up and down from the roof it's a shame they aren't engineered to take more weight than an arm.

I balance my weight between my arms and the hinge of the arm rest. I wouldn’t stand on the end or middle of the arm rest.

Always worked for me...

I purchased the MAXXcamp ladder, and find it very useful.
My worry always was damaging the seats, or slipping in socks on the leather.
I made an alteration that I think is worthwhile. I was concerned that the rivets and sharpish edge to the hinge portion could in the longer term rub and destroy the leather to the sides of the seats.
I had purchased Heavy Duty stick on velcro, that has tremendous adhesion, and cut a length for both sides, so that it forms a rubstrip of the loop pile of the Velcro. Very pleased!
IMG_0987.JPGIMG_0985.JPGIMG_0986.JPGIMG_0988.JPGIMG_0989.JPGIMG_0990.JPG

We bought the Maxxcamp ladder and absolutely love it. It folds neatly with the central hinge and is lightweight and feels like it will last forever. It hooks into position easily and is very stable. It also has protectors when using it against the side of the van so the paintwork doesn't get damaged. Highly recommended. Expensive but we felt it was worth it.

We bought it direct from Maxxcamp.de. If you google maxxcamp ladder you will find it. I notice it's out if stock but in stock again soon. That was the case last year and they let me know when it was back and it was with us in no time.

We bought it direct from Maxxcamp.de. If you google maxxcamp ladder you will find it. I notice it's out if stock but in stock again soon. That was the case last year and they let me know when it was back and it was with us in no time.
Cheers for that. Where in the van do You store it ?

We store it above the comfort mattress and then we put our bedding on top of it.

apologies for repeating!!
my browser hadn't refreshed to show the answer!

Back