Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof paint blister ext 6yr warranty ... valid for 2nd / 3rd owner ?

heavysalad

heavysalad

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi all... I'm considering going for a used T5 Cali this year, likely would be a 2012 or so. I'm sure there are lots of questions and things to consider but one that leaps out initially is, as per the title... is the extended 6 year warranty for the roof blister issue that I read about valid for 2nd and 3rd owners etc. as the original warranty would be ? Cheers.

I’m the second owner of a 2012 T5, got my roof repaired before Christmas. The warranty belongs to the vehicle, not the owner. I had no problems registering the problem and getting a repair but I believe I was very lucky (2 days between registering with VW and the van being collected, with courtesy car).

There are much more knowledgeable owners on here who will probably reply soon with more authority but you should be alright. You’ll need to be quick though depending on registration date.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply ... as expected, though wouldn't have been surprised to find some kind of get out clause for the newly extended part knowing VW.

The extended "VW Goodwill " six year warranty on T5's goes with the vehicle, and it is transferable to any subsequent owners within the six years.

Back