Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof rack fitting - how is it done?

abz_cali

abz_cali

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi, I have just got a 2013 cali, I want to fit a roof rack to it.I would rather not buy another system as I currently have a whispbar system which was over £300. The rails are long enough to work, but I cannot work out which footpack I need.

I note from going through the forum, the thule footpack is 753.

Looking at you tube, any video's of this show it being bolted on, rather than sliding into the rail. Looking at the roof there is no screw in points, unless you have to remove something. Can anyone describe how the thule is fitted. Some pictures would be awesome. If anyone has fitted a whispbar system and can tell me the footpack, even better.

Loving the Cali, although after two weeks ownership have the airbag warning and roof light break. Both of which seem to be annoying faults...
thankyou

Sorry can't help with the roof rack but welcome to the forum, I'm sure someone will know.

Colin

We have a Thule roofrack so cannot comment on the whisbar system, but the fixing type on the California roof is a “T” slot, very easy to fit and remove.

We use Thule roof bar adaptors (Thule 3034 Fixpoint Fitting Kit ) and my old A4 roof bars (Thule 751 foot + aero bars).

We have a Thule roofrack so cannot comment on the whisbar system, but the fixing type on the California roof is a “T” slot, very easy to fit and remove.

We use Thule roof bar adaptors (Thule 3034 Fixpoint Fitting Kit ) and my old A4 roof bars (Thule 751 foot + aero bars).

Ah, I was checking the wrong bit. Thanks very much for the info. Thule 3034 is the same as whispbar k450 kit. Will purchase, install and then update the forum.

thanks

whispbar 450 is the correct foot pack. Bolts to the t rail, and then you attach the "standard" foot to it. Works well and easy to fit.

Back