Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof raised unevenly

Tom Rae

Tom Rae

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
March 2019 Ocean, raised the roof last night and whilst the passenger side opened fully, drivers side was about 75mm short and the bellows were loose and floppy. it did not sag however and stayed in that position. This morning I tried to close it and drivers side did not close properly. I opened it up and it opened fully both sides and then closed properly. Okay, it "seems" sorted however this weekend we are off for a month touring Europe and I am concerned it happens again. I will ring the dealer tomorrow but I dont hold out much hope of getting it dealt with and I am interested to know if anyone else had the same problem and did it recur? Or better still, how did they fix it?

Tom

Last edited:
March 2019 Ocean, raised the roof last night and whilst the passenger side opened fully, drivers side was about 75mm short and the bellows were loose and floppy. it did not sag however and stayed in that position. This morning I tried to close it and drivers side did not close properly. I opened it up and it opened fully both sides and then closed properly. Okay, it "seems" sorted however this weekend we are off for a month touring Europe and I am concerned it happens again. I will ring the dealer tomorrow but I dont hold out much hope of getting it dealt with and I am interested top know if anyone else had the same problem and did it recur? Or better still, how did they fix it?

Tom
Has been mentioned before and “ frequently “ fixed by closing and re-opening and then never recurred.
You have VW Assistance which is Europe wide, so if it occurs on holiday phone them up.
Unless it occurs while with the Dealer then I doubt if there will be anything to find and certainly no error codes on the Control Panel unless there is an electrical problem.

Cheers Welsh Gas, I am just a tad nervous as we set out on quite a major journey of about 3000 miles. I did check back on posts/threads but I did not find this specific malfunction.

Well tried it again today and all was as it should be. I spoke to the service guy at the dealership who put it down to a glitch.......... Hey ho off we go to England, Holland, Luxembourg, Germany, Lichtenstein, Italy, Greece, Albania Montenegro, Croatia, Serbia, Italy, France hope the glitch doesn't re-appear!

Tom

Last edited: