Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof "ripple"

KernowLad

Gone, but not forgotten!
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Sorry, another question!

The underneath/headling of the roof section that raises on struts when the roof is up (the bit you sleep on when up top) has a fairly distinctive "line" across it where it appears to drop slightly - about a 1" difference. It's about 2/3 of the way along that rising bed section. Is this normal?!

Cheers!

Roof "ripple"

Yes I would say it is. It houses the sliding section.

On closer inspection, I think its okay! Cheers!

Mr Paranoid... :oops:

Dont worry we did the same thing - we only noticed after the kids had been in the roof and thought they had broken the slats.

After some time - the other half pointed to the bit where the sliding section goes :doh

They take some learning - only just noticed the 150W power outlet is a weird connection - everyday is a learning day

T

I have an adapter for that :laugh2 :laugh2

Sorry to activate an old thread...and probably being totally paranoid like the previous poster..BUT....!

After 10 years of procrastinating we finally took the plunge and got our new Cali in March (Nov 2013 reg) just finished our 4th weekend of camping and this same "roof ripple" has appeared...

The roof is now very soft in this position and when pressed, the roof can be lifted a good inch easily (about 2/3 of the way down the roof, about where the sliding plastic roof would end) it almost feels like a roof strut has collapsed?

It seems from other replies in the post this is normal...but just doesn't feel or look normal?!

Unfortunately I don't think the photos do much justice but would love to hear others' experience/opinions!

image.jpg image.jpg

There is a definite change in levels at that point .

Thanks Shaun, we thought so too!
Has anyone else experienced this..?
Do we ring the dealer/customer service centre?
We're going away to France in 4 days time so probably can't get it looked at before then...should we avoid using the upper bed area?

Open and close the slidey hatch in the ceiling and you will see that it has to go somewhere :D

When the hatch it closed it will be a bit squishy.

Don't worry - enjoy your cali - come to Calis on the Farm and you can compare squishyness :)

T

teeboy said:
Open and close the slidey hatch in the ceiling and you will see that it has to go somewhere :D

When the hatch it closed it will be a bit squishy.

Don't worry - enjoy your cali - come to Calis on the Farm and you can compare squishyness :)

T
:lol:

Thanks Teeboy,
Glad we're not the only squishy ones!
We'll try to stop being paranoid and get on with enjoying the Cali!
We're hoping to make it to Cali's on the farm...just not sure if we'll have made it back from the France trip by then..our first extended Cali trip - 2 weeks!
Hopefully we won't be back on the forum after that with more silly observations!