Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof stuck and leaking roof oil

Ajspicer

Ajspicer

VIP Member
VIP Trade Partner
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Just tried to open our roof this morning and it made a loud bang in the heat, I guess where the weather seal had got hot.

When the roof was half way up it stopped elevating and would not come back down again!

I have subsequently smelt something different only to find oil dripping down the outside of the a pillar. Come to think of it, there has been something sticky around here for a while so maybe it’s been slowly leaking for a while. I thought it was tree sap!

I think this could be a hydraulic pipe leaking, does anyone have any experience with this problem and any idea of price to fix?

I am going to try and lower it manually tomorrow, can the roof be opened again by hand if I turn the emergency screw?

Should have got a Cali pBeach!

Many thanks

Andrew

CF639930-41DE-419A-B8A5-D235AF089538.jpeg

After much panic about our faulty roof, all is well after a great trip down to Cornwall to see Richard at Kernow Conversions / Transporters.

We left our Cali with Richard for 2 days who fitted new hydraulic hoses throughout the roof system and added a fresh can of VW hydraulic oil. We even had a little bonus job done whilst we were there, lovely new knob on the control panel fitted.

Fantastic customer service with regular updates throughout the repair and a great price.

Thanks to Richard and his colleague Byron for all their help.

Andrew & Polly