Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof topper

Anthony1

Anthony1

Too young to be old
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
I may need one of these for winter trips.

Cali-Topper is both tough and waterproof. Protecting the original canvas of the T5 California roof bellows, the Cali-Topper is a must for all year round camping.

How do you go about fitting it? Do you need a to take a ladder along with you?
4582260201.jpg

No, they are easy to fit. I have a Calitopper from Comfortz, with a cutout for the roof rack, it fits easily and very well. Elevate the roof slightly (30 cm)m mount from front to back, elevate roof the rest and tighten the straps. 5 min. work. After a few times, you can manage in the dark.

Search YouTube for 'how to fit a Cali topper'.

Last edited:
No, they are easy to fit. I have a Calitopper from Comfortz, with a cutout for the roof rack, it fits easily and very well. Elevate the roof slightly (30 cm)m mount from front to back, elevate roof the rest and tighten the straps. 5 min. work. After a few times, you can manage in the dark.
Thank you, much appreciated

I still have some item left for sale from my T5.1 - some fit also for the T6:

Basket for cooler - €30
Emergency strap-down for roof - €20
Mats, Black - €40
Adapter for bike Rack (T5) - €40
Mount for spare wheel, incl. bolts (NEW) - €80
Cover for engine, both sides (NEW) - €80
Extra shelfs - €70
RNS 510 map DVD - €60
Handle for Awning - €30
Plasticcover for front Seats - €40

See pictures here:
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/01-lot-og-stuff-for-the-t5-and-newer.19074/
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/02-lot-og-stuff-for-the-t5-and-newer.19075/

I may need one of these for winter trips.

Cali-Topper is both tough and waterproof. Protecting the original canvas of the T5 California roof bellows, the Cali-Topper is a must for all year round camping.

How do you go about fitting it? Do you need a to take a ladder along with you?
View attachment 25570
Responding to an old post. Does the Topper you use, keep things a lot warmer upstairs? I read one review which said it flaps a lot on the sides of the canvas, when it is windy.

How have you found it?

That review was biased
I think they have become review channel now as they get so many things for free.

What is your experience with the one you have?

Thank you

i have tried them all as a founder member and my preference now is the brandrup internal liner

Hi Calikev, can you expand on your reasons for preferring Brandrup internal Topper vs either type of external (wrap or topper) please.
I too would be interested. I am looking at one of those or the Rainbow, external insolation.