Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roofless Cali Topper - Now Available

Cali-Topper

Cali-Topper

The roofless calitopper will be available from next week it will fit onto your roof if you have roof bars :thumb pictures to follow :thumb

Re: Roofless calitopper

Good move :thumb

Re: Roofless calitopper

Nice one nick .....Just in time for the season ;) ....I think it's a good edition to the calitopper range :thumb

Roofless Cali Topper

I received the first roofless Cali Topper today and it is an excellent fit and very easy to to put on, I fitted it on my own in under 10 minutes and around the same for removing it.

More details will follow soon on price etc....

roofless7.JPG roofless6.JPG roofless5.JPG roofless4.JPG roofless3.JPG roofless2.JPG roofless1.JPG

Re: Roofless Cali Topper

Clever :) excellent use of the roof rails!

Re: Roofless Cali Topper

Linda said:
Clever :) excellent use of the roof rails!

I forgot to mention, you can also attach the topper to the roof rails ( attachments will be supplied ) I was going to fit them by my fingers were starting to turn blue with the cold

Looks good! Any detailed pics or explanation on how the water drains at back of the roof?
Thanks,
--Nick

Nick if you look at picture 4 it shows a flap that velcro's to the underside of the roof and the rain runs down the roof under the flap and away keeping the canvas dry if that makes sense there are also thumbscrews like the side ones that fit in the roof channel to hold it down. I hope this helps

How the dickens do you get up there to put this topper over the roof and tie it down?
Do you all carry a small step ladder around with you?
Anyone fancy giving a step by step description on how to go about fitting it?
Have Fun
Bob

Hi Bob, you put it on with the roof virtually down and then raise the roof and the topper falls into place. I am under 6ft and can fit it in under 10 mins. Hopefully we will have a video available soon.

We have roof bars fitted most of the time & have been eagerly anticipating the arrival of the roofless topper - gotta say though - wasn't expecting quite such a price hike over the standard topper! May have to opt for the £140 ish Pucer - reluctantly.

G

Hi Hutch,

Unfortunately they have to be a little more expensive as they're just more expensive to make - however this product is eligible for a VIP member 10% discount which hopefully makes the price more attractive!

P.S. - The Standard Cali-Toppers will also have a 10% increase shortly for none VIP members :thumb

Cheers Nick

Hutch, this is still way cheaper than the topless Mutze which is approaching £500

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Gave it a lot of thought and decided - no point scrimping on the extras - let's stick with quality! Spoke to Nick at Comfortz and ordered the Roofless Cali Topper & mattress topper. Have to say, service so far is great. Very much looking forward to our first proper holiday in the Cali in a couple of weeks & will be posting a review of the Roofless Topper!

G

As we haven't taken delivery of our Cali SE yet we haven't had the opportunity to use or test it. Can I assume that as these toppers are available the pop up roof is not weatherproof ?

ymfb said:
Stu said:
Yes the factory roof is very weatherproof.

So why are people buying the Cali Toppers ?
I wouldn't say it was very waterproof - in heavy rain conditions we have had some seeping through before which can get the bedding a bit on the damp side.
So the topper gives peace of mind and provides some warmth and noise insulation too.
Would definitely consider one of these if we didn't already have a vanarak.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Nick, are there any pics of the attachments for the roof rails? I have seen the bungee strap details on the Comfortz website but something that attaches into the rails would seem neater and also easier to reach?

Would be nice to see some pics of this roofless topper on a Cali with rails on! Would be happy to oblige once we have purchased which I feel may be imminent with this weather - do I understand correctly that this would help stop onside condensation in colder weather? Struggling with the price a bit ( I had hoped it would be same or less than standard topper as much less fabric but do understand what you say about the manufacture).

Would also love to see a video of putting the topper onto the Cali!

:thanks

Hello Suzanne,

Re- bungee storm strap for the roof, we put these in as an additional anchor method but in all honesty the topper fits that snug to the roof the feedback I've had is that people tend not to use them. (Anyone with the roofless topper feel free to jump in with this comment :thumb)
But of course it’s nice to have them if needs be.

I'll see what pictures I can find I think I may have one with someone using there roof rails.

Drop me a call on 01246 825873 and I'll answer and other questions and grab your email address for some photo's

I definitely need to shoot some videos of both the standard Cali-Topper and Roofless one being fitted - so leave this one with me.

Cheers
Nick

Thanks, Nick!

I think I will go by all the other recommendations for this product here, and put in an order. I really wanted the awning panels, but see the need for the topper is currently greater, so the panels will have to wait :cry: - the number is engaged currently but I will keep trying - I was going to place an online order but am having trouble with the VIP discount code (tried various combinations of what is on the VIP Discount sheet, and also tried my VIP Username, but no success).

Speak shortly.

Hi Nick

Just an 'official' thanks for all your help - very excited about our order for the roofless compact topper and full awning set - can't wait to receive them; you guys are really fab!

Will report back of course once I have them!

I thought you were waiting to buy the awning set :laugh2 :laugh2 that nick is very persuasive :thumb and helpfull

Yes, I was.... not sure what happend there :oops: Mustn't blame Nick though! As regards Mr OxCal, well.... hopefully he'll come round, once he appreciates that these items really were absolute MUST haves! ;)

Back