Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

rubber floor mats

diny

diny

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Our new Cali (to us) only has carpet, can someone suggest a source for cheap rubber mats - and I only have a week to buy them!

Cheap is a relative word! I went for VW monster mats for the front cab from the dealer - always in stock and about £40 a pair. Passenger area? For me carpet only.

Rugs for Bugs have a range of rubber mats for the cab area of the Cali.

Reasonable price and quick delivery

When i picked mine up the dealer gave me mine free .

Last edited:
We have the VW monster mats & carpet in the cab with a cheap washable rug over the top from Dunelm . The rug is brilliant we have dogs, so washed after each trip.

When i picked mine up the dealer gave me mine free .
My dealer nearly needed taking for trauma care when 'giving' me an extra rear number plate for a trailer/bike rack.

I had issue with the "monster mats" as a daily drive - the issue their longevity wore out quick Holes worn on the ridge bits

For the seating area try the rubber backed cotton/synthetic faced floor mats you can buy from most garden centres. 2 feet by 3 feet is a good size for the Cali, but you can go bigger.

What's really great about them is that they can be chucked in the washing machine time after time.

I had issue with the "monster mats" as a daily drive - the issue their longevity wore out quick Holes worn on the ridge bits

Wow! - mine feel a lot more solid than any of my shoes do ...

I like the DIY rubber middle mat above, carpet around my gearbox tunnel is getting mucky, inspired to try again with the lino.

Not sure about the Beach but the Ocean has mats as std but they are the same colour as the carpets - beige.

The mat on the driver side of my 3mth old Ocean is already showing signs of wear

Charles
Yes, not surprised. I have already put rubber mats in place of the supplied fabric offerings.

Yes, not surprised. I have already put rubber mats in place of the supplied fabric offerings.
I remember Ruby Wax relating that her parents kept the plastic covers on their sofas etc all the time she lived at home, whilst presumably the furniture was in perfect condition when they died, they never experienced one day of the soft comfortable upholstery on the sofas they chose in the shop. It is a conundrum but I would rather keep replacing the good stuff as and when.

I remember Ruby Wax relating that her parents kept the plastic covers on their sofas etc all the time she lived at home, whilst presumably the furniture was in perfect condition when they died, they never experienced one day of the soft comfortable upholstery on the sofas they chose in the shop. It is a conundrum but I would rather keep replacing the good stuff as and when.
Yes, I know it's a bit OCD, but I do stress a little about beige carpets - they never look clean.