Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rust on Screw in Roof Gulleys

iamchucky

iamchucky

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi All

On cleaning our Cali (Reg March 16) before our last holiday I looked in the roof gulleys and took one of the black plastic caps off at the front (They just clip off)IMG_1626.JPG IMG_1626.JPG . Underneath I noticed that the screw was starting to show Rust (See attached).

Any others got the same? - Cali has rarely been packed away wet and if it has then always dried out when we got home. Guess some water may have settled under the cap? Any other thoughts and should I be concerned?

It's in for service in the next month and so will speak to garage about it then.

Mines a Feb 2017 and is the same (but not all bolts). Will be interested to hear how you get on.

Some others have reported this before .
Mine also showing some rust , not only this also the smaler ones .
But now got me thinking , should there not be a cover on top ....have to check when roof is next time.

Some others have reported this before .
Mine also showing some rust , not only this also the smaler ones .
But now got me thinking , should there not be a cover on top ....have to check when roof is next time.
Some are covered some are not.

Just spray them with ACF50. Will stop it dead.

That good eh? Heard about ACF50 but was always sceptical, but a recommendation coming from one with such credentials.....? I will invest. Thanks WG.

Back