Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rusting hook up panel

D

Davegale

Vehicle
Just browsing
Hi, Has any one come across a similar issue? I have a large amount of rust appearing around the hook up panel on my 11 plate Cali. VW Hereford and the UK support line have been spectacularly useless in assisting me with this! I’ve tried to log a warranty claim under the 12 year anti perforation warranty as in my mind the hole around the panel has not been sealed or painted correctly at the factory. I’ve been told categorically that I cannot make a claim. I’ve also tried contacting various VW approved van centres, non of which seem interested in looking at it to repair! This is incredibly poor service for what is an expensive premium vehicle ! Just wondered if any members have had a similar problem rectified and where they took it. Many thanks.

A59C0D98-9C6D-4EB8-BB4F-F3D3A2A0FCBF.jpeg

8D47B184-D25E-4AAE-804E-74383B137756.jpeg

Hi, Has any one come across a similar issue? I have a large amount of rust appearing around the hook up panel on my 11 plate Cali. VW Hereford and the UK support line have been spectacularly useless in assisting me with this! I’ve tried to log a warranty claim under the 12 year anti perforation warranty as in my mind the hole around the panel has not been sealed or painted correctly at the factory. I’ve been told categorically that I cannot make a claim. I’ve also tried contacting various VW approved van centres, non of which seem interested in looking at it to repair! This is incredibly poor service for what is an expensive premium vehicle ! Just wondered if any members have had a similar problem rectified and where they took it. Many thanks.

View attachment 85600

View attachment 85601
I've not seen this problem mentioned before on the Forum.
I presume you have something in writing regarding the refusal to consider this a warranty claim. If so you could take some Consumer Legal advice to take it further.
As far as repairing the problem most Dealerships do not have their own bodyshops and use 3rd party companies. Either find a reputable local company or ask the Dealer who they use or ask VWCS for a list of VW approved bodyshops in your area.
You could ask the chosen bodyshop to also prepare a report on the cause of the problem which might be helpful in dealing with VWCS.
The warranty would be underwritten and authorised by VWUK and the Dealership has to abide by the procedures etc detailed by VWUK as they are just their agents in such matters.

Do you know the Calis history? You don't show the type or age of your Cali in your Avatar info.
It occurs to me that maybe the Cali has been driven away whilst hooked up and the subsequent repair has not been carried out well. If this was the case it will be difficult to make any claim.

I've not seen this problem mentioned before on the Forum.
I presume you have something in writing regarding the refusal to consider this a warranty claim. If so you could take some Consumer Legal advice to take it further.
As far as repairing the problem most Dealerships do not have their own bodyshops and use 3rd party companies. Either find a reputable local company or ask the Dealer who they use or ask VWCS for a list of VW approved bodyshops in your area.
You could ask the chosen bodyshop to also prepare a report on the cause of the problem which might be helpful in dealing with VWCS.
The warranty would be underwritten and authorised by VWUK and the Dealership has to abide by the procedures etc detailed by VWUK as they are just their agents in such matters.
Thanks for the quick reply, I think they’re trying to get me on a technicality! According to VW UK Customer Service the definition of perforation is rust that comes through from the inside out on a sealed panel. My argument is that the factory cut the panel and it should have been painted and sealed correctly.

Do you know the Calis history? You don't show the type or age of your Cali in your Avatar info.
It occurs to me that maybe the Cali has been driven away whilst hooked up and the subsequent repair has not been carried out well. If this was the case it will be difficult to make any claim.
I’ve had it from brand new so I know it’s every movement, as mentioned it is an 11 plate so although 10 years old is still within the 12 year anti perforation warranty period. VW CS is claiming this isn’t covered even though it was factory installed.