Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

S2S and rear shelf

Gavin123

Gavin123

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199
We recently bought a S2S mattress. I am assuming that the rear shelf is moved to the higher of the two settings? Does the mattress lay directly on to the metal grilles of the shelf or do people make a ply board to fit over it?

You should have the 'bed extension' cushion on top of the grille?

You should have the 'bed extension' cushion on top of the grille?
If you have the comfort mattress then you don’t have the thin mattress for the rear shelf as a separate. Certainly that’s how my T6 came.

We recently bought a S2S mattress. I am assuming that the rear shelf is moved to the higher of the two settings? Does the mattress lay directly on to the metal grilles of the shelf or do people make a ply board to fit over it?
If you have the Bed Extension thin mattress leave the rear shelf and extension in place. If you don't then set the shelf on highest setting and place a thin board on top or a mat/carpet piece/blanket and then the S2S. This will protect the S2S.

If you have the Bed Extension thin mattress leave the rear shelf and extension in place. If you don't then set the shelf on highest setting and place a thin board on top or a mat/carpet piece/blanket and then the S2S. This will protect the S2S.
OK, thanks - thats pretty much what I thought it looked like I would need.