Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Safe Locking - Owner Manual message & vehicle not starting

M

Matty72

Help! Currently I have the message "Safe Locking - Owners Manual". Have switched central locking on and off and opened and closed each door but my Cali still shows the message and more importantly WONT START!. Any suggestions for getting rid of this on a bank holiday with no dealer open!?

Many thanks

Matt

Re: Safe Locking - Owner Manual message & vehicle not starti

Ring the RAC (VW assistance) they are great fantastic service

From what it says, the owners manual should tell you what this means - is it with you?

Not sure what gen of Cali you have and I've never seen this msg before....

Ian

Thanks, I called the RAC for the Cali (a 2011). They charged the driving battery, ;) and it now starts and the message has gone. Not sure what set that message off though...
Matt

You don't have the electric side door, do you? Quite a bit on this recently as repeated use can quickly flatten the main battery and certainly earlier Calis don't charge the main battery even when on hookup, just the leisure batteries.

Glad you're sorted!

Hi there

I think the two things are unrelated.

I think all recent VW's give the Safelock message (probably skodas, Audis etc) - it is to remind you that when you lock the car it is deadlocked - so don't leave anybody in the car - if you want to leave someone in the car press the lock button twice so deadlock is disabled.

The vehicle not starting thing was probo just a dead battery - maybe excessive side door or stereo usage.

The manual is not clear on the Safelock thing - in fact I find the manual quite unclear on loats of things - it appears to be a car manual punctuated with health and saftey warnings!!!!

T