Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Safeguard Insurance not covering lowered California.

Rob02

Rob02

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Just tried to get a quote with Safeguard wouldn't touch me because the van had been lowered not impressed with them. The person I spoke didn't even know what VW California was think I will stay with Comfort insurance for another year.

Last edited:
Hmm that's strange - I'm with Safeguard and got my policy though them initially when it wasn't lowered. I then had it lowered and phoned them and they made a note of it on the policy no problem, with no increase in the premium. Maybe their underwriter has changed in the meantime?

Maybe was insured with them when I first purchased the van 10 years ago so things might have changed. Stayed with Comfort anyway £280.00 with European Cover.

Just had to inform them when air suspension fitted, didn't seem that interested in the change. No cost implications.

I wouldn't bother with Safeguard. I tried them twice and struggled .When I did manage a quote it was considerably more expensive.

I've been with CCC for the last few years after going with Comfort orignally. Not a lot between them. That said I have just lowered my van, added a spoiler and sportline wheels and after going through all this with CCC they weren't interested at all. (I assume as all modifications were VW accessories)