Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Safeguard Insurance

glen

glen

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi. Don’t know if anyone else had the same response as I did. Spoke to a lovely lady yesterday about a quote on a new California ocean. Two things I would like some help with. First was what make of alarm is fitted to the vehicle, seconds considering the price she said they would insist on a tracking device to be fitted. I’ve seen them on eBay. What’s your thoughts I’m hoping VW might be able to fit a quality one ? Thanks Glen :thanks

I’m with Safeguard, I live in a high risk area, I asked about a tracker , guy said makes a £1.00 difference, all we require is the VW (Thstcham Approved) factory fitted alarm & immobiliser (0n 62K value Ocean)
Surely insurers should be:
1. Be aware of their OWN requirements fully
2. Perhaps publish a table along the lines of postcodes a-h need this postcodes l-z that along with what values of vehicles.
They’re all appear same, everytime you call the quote or questions differ.

P.S. VW dealer fitted Vodafone (formerly Cobra Trak Plus) tracker which I find easy to use and you can ‘geofence’.

I’m with Safeguard, I live in a high risk area, I asked about a tracker , guy said makes a £1.00 difference, all we require is the VW (Thstcham Approved) factory fitted alarm & immobiliser (0n 62K value Ocean)
Surely insurers should be:
1. Be aware of their OWN requirements fully
2. Perhaps publish a table along the lines of postcodes a-h need this postcodes l-z that along with what values of vehicles.
They’re all appear same, everytime you call the quote or questions differ.

P.S. VW dealer fitted Vodafone (formerly Cobra Trak Plus) tracker which I find easy to use and you can ‘geofence’.
Thanks wongo for your reply. I will certainly take on board your thoughts. They came back with a quote of £461-70. Still have a few mounts before I decide. I will have a word with VW about the tracker. :thanks

Thanks wongo for your reply. I will certainly take on board your thoughts. They came back with a quote of £461-70. Still have a few mounts before I decide. I will have a word with VW about the tracker. :thanks
My quote from Caravan & Motorhome Club was less than that, for 20,000 Miles/year. They knew all about the California and its alarm system. No Tracker requirement and you get New for Old for the first 2 Years so no need for GAP insurance if the vehicle is written off. Also I had experience of a Right Off claim on a brand new 7 berth caravan with them which I couldn’t fault.

My quote from Caravan & Motorhome Club was less than that, for 20,000 Miles/year. They knew all about the California and its alarm system. No Tracker requirement and you get New for Old for the first 2 Years so no need for GAP insurance if the vehicle is written off. Also I had experience of a Right Off claim on a brand new 7 berth caravan with them which I couldn’t fault.
Hi Welsh Gas,
Hi Welch Gas, it’s all a bit of a mine field out there. I’ve got time to do a bit digging about and see what comes out. I hate to fork out good money to see someone paying less. Hopefully I’ll get a good deal. Thanks again :)

@glen I'm with Comfort. No requirement for a tracker and about £120 cheaper than you have been quoted for "commercial use" ...... that is unlimited mileage, anything above 10,000 miles.

@glen I'm with Comfort. No requirement for a tracker and about £120 cheaper than you have been quoted for "commercial use" ...... that is unlimited mileage, anything above 10,000 miles.
Hi Granny Jen, As I said in other post i have time to look round for other quotes. Hope Im not doing anything wrong putting this copy of a quote. Glen :(

Thank you for requesting a motorcaravan insurance quotation from Safeguard, a division of Swinton. Based on the information you provided, we are pleased to give you an indication of price, as follows:

· Amount Payable*: £461.70 including our £20 service charge with £250 excess

· Comprehensive Insurance

· AA Breakdown cover UK & EU Recovery (if vehicle under 20 years of age) – Home start, Roadside Assistance and Repatriation

· Drivers Legal protection cover – Up to 100k

· 365 DAYS EU Cover

· Unlimited Mileage in the UK and EU

· Windscreen cover (all windows excess £100)

· Personal Belongings and Contents (up to £3000 for personal belongings up to £500 per item / T&C’s Apply)

Does the new van not come with Roadside Assistance free?

Safeguard give you roadside assistance and home start as standard with all policies. Not much use on new Cali's but good value once you are 3 years onwards.

Yep no opt out for breakdown, wonder if they let you use it on another vehicle if your covered by VW?

you get New for Old for the first 2 Years so no need for GAP insurance if the vehicle is written off.

I like the sound of this, just got quoted £399 for Gap insurance from VW.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Safeguard give you roadside assistance and home start as standard with all policies. Not much use on new Cali's but good value once you are 3 years onwards.

Certainly is. Switched to Safeguard last year and didn’t realise, probably as I was already covered by VW.

As my Cali is hitting 3 years I called up VW Assist to renew and they informed me I was already covered by Safeguard.

Result!

Mike