Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Salisbury

blakeley

blakeley

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Any good campsites in Salisbury? I hear it has a good cathedral?

They came to England to see the 123 metre Salisbury Cathedral spire; not to exterminate.
article-2014334-0CFD32F800000578-806_634x444.jpg

Just back from salisbury hillside caravan club site. Small site very nicely kept, lovely friendly wardens approx 15min outside Salisbury. Nice walks around it and nearby bus service into Salisbury.
Downside a little road noise on upper level.

CL location next door if site full

Camping and caravan club Hudsons Field is a 20-30 minute pleasant walk from the city centre and right next to the Old Sarum English Heritage site. I’m pretty sure there is a bus outside too. Pizza van visits on a Friday and there is a good market in Salisbury on a Saturday.

Camping and caravan club Hudsons Field is a 20-30 minute pleasant walk from the city centre and right next to the Old Sarum English Heritage site. I’m pretty sure there is a bus outside too. Pizza van visits on a Friday and there is a good market in Salisbury on a Saturday.
Yes we had many a happy stay there when we were young tenters. Great location.

"We popped over to Salisbury to bump off someone Vlad doesn't like .......what's wrong with that?"

loving my new jumper not very christmasy though is it

We just pose with slogans and let the British public decide, whatever!
They are good at deciding things. .............................

:cheers

The two campsites closer to town have been mentioned so no point referring to them. I live about 20 minutes away and go to Salisbury often... was actually walking in the high street with the dogs on the day before the “Prezzo Incident” and drive past the still cordoned area in Amesbury from my place. People seem to knownover react to the unfortunate events in the recent past...
The Cathedral is beautiful (we now all know how high it is... :) ) and the Old Sarum is in my opinion (history geek) and amazing place to visit (with the benefit that is dog friendly lol). Definitely a place to visit

We stayed at the campsite at the racecourse last February as it was the only place open at that time if year. Also stayed in June at the Cool Camping one at the vack if the pub at Easton Royal which was also good. (My daughter has lots of friends who live there for some random reason!)