Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Salvaged Cali

Not bad at that price for if someone
wanted to do a transfusion.
Ideally they'd have a grey 180 and have a bit of time
on their hands, retired or something.

Sorry to see this Cat S 4mo for sale and hope the occupants were ok after a nasty rear end. Not sure there’s much Cali left to salvage for over £15k+vat though.

plus other fees of minimum 6% on payment, +loading fee. Like all auctions you need to add quite a bit to your perceived bid. In this case 30% would be a safe margin, £20k would allow for transport etc on a £15K bid.

Not bad at that price for if someone
wanted to do a transfusion.
Ideally they'd have a grey 180 and have a bit of time
on their hands, retired or something.
Tough for us in Uk to find a shell with slide opening door in the Cali side.

Thats been hit with some serious force, looks like it will need to see a jig.

giphy.gif

The van in the video has a plate that starts with GW. Sad to think there are two out there.
Screen Shot 2020-03-04 at 3.29.45 PM.png

It could well be. I hope the owner is Ok, and that his insurance stepped up to make replacing it as least painful as possible.

This video is better and you can see it was that Cali and it was rear ended whilst parked and unattended.

great detective work @Amarillo

Probably damage to the transmission as well if it was in P being shunted like that. Shame.

I'm no expert but I'm having difficulty in seeing that as economically repairable. It's been written off and that should really say it all. Even if it gets repaired it won't be worth anywhere near what it was before the accident. The impact must have damaged the kitchen, floor pan, chassis, exhaust, running gear, upset the geometry as well as all the bodywork that is visible. That's going to take many many man hours and a king's ransom in parts to put right.

Last edited:
Even the driver’s side rear looks out of plonk
It’s sat way to Low twisted probably

The advert says "MODERATE N/S/R DAMAGE BUT ALL AIR BAGS OK ". If that's what he classes as "moderate" what's severe?
At least the air bags are working though eh?

Now on eBay for £31,950

Thats some advert:
MODERATE NSR DAMAGE - i dont think so
STARTS AND DRIVES - Im willing to bet my house it doesn't drive

Back