Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sat nav and sign recognition issues

M

Moon Madness

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Today whilst out I got a message come up on the dash that the traffic sign recognition was not detecting, seemingly at the same time the sat nav got stuck at the location I was at. Having done two reboots of the media pro (hold off for ten seconds and restart) and having stopped and restarted the van after a ten minute interval, this remains the same. Currently at my home location my van is telling me I am somewhere in the English Channel off Worthing!
Gotta say the media pro and software installed is not reliable in any way and very disappointing. I am not impressed.
Any similar issues encountered with the 6.1? Plus the we connect has decided not to register any journeys for the last few days.

I haven’t used mine in earnest yet. But have noticed it’s taking me around the neighbouring farmers fields (where I often walk along the lanes with the dogs) to get to the A90... so that has freaked me out enough to never trust it towing an Eriba...
Why oh why do VW keep trying to ‘fix’ something that isn’t broke. It was not good in the first place. And now it’s all but useless.
Sorry, rant over...

Today whilst out I got a message come up on the dash that the traffic sign recognition was not detecting, seemingly at the same time the sat nav got stuck at the location I was at. Having done two reboots of the media pro (hold off for ten seconds and restart) and having stopped and restarted the van after a ten minute interval, this remains the same. Currently at my home location my van is telling me I am somewhere in the English Channel off Worthing!
Gotta say the media pro and software installed is not reliable in any way and very disappointing. I am not impressed.
Any similar issues encountered with the 6.1? Plus the we connect has decided not to register any journeys for the last few days.
Not that it helps you @Moon Madness but just to advise i’ve not had any issues with the traffic sign recognition nor the SatNav.

Whilst i’m disappointed with some missing features in WeConnect it does seem to reliably record my journeys.

I’ll be interested in the resolution to your issues.

Hi Moon Madness

the sat Nav Arial will probably be faulty & need to be replaced, I have had this twice , once on my T5.1& once on my T6

because the system can not locate you position it will not work.

the dealer will sub it out to a third party to sort out, the guys my dealer uses are : SAT NAV Systems Chertsey.
VW approved and offer a mobile service.

Give them a call, I bet they can confirm what possible problem is, it may even be the case that your dealer uses them.

Back