Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

sat nav annoying voice? Can this be changed?

Theaps

Theaps

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi all,
We are wondering if anyone has changed the annoying voice on the VW sat nav? It's a very dreary mans voice and I can't stand listening to it any more ? If so how do you do it please? It must be a new version as its a new t6?
Many thanks

Hi all,
We are wondering if anyone has changed the annoying voice on the VW sat nav? It's a very dreary mans voice and I can't stand listening to it any more ? If so how do you do it please? It must be a new version as its a new t6?
Many thanks
Must be new. Sally SatNav on my T5.
Love it when she says " Continue on this road for a long time ".

Victoria is my lady sat nav, ever so sweet, but quite assertive, "Take the 4th exit .... NO! not the third, the fourth, now..... count with me ......."

No way would I have a male sat-nav....

I've had enough blokes in my life trying to tell me what's good for me.....

"Now, Jennifer, take the third on the left.....".... "Take a chill pill Bismarck, I'm only going to Sainsbury's"......

No way would I have a male sat-nav....

I've had enough blokes in my life trying to tell me what's good for me.....

"Now, Jennifer, take the third on the left.....".... "Take a chill pill Bismarck, I'm only going to Sainsbury's"......
Lol, a woman's voice is much more clearer and polite! Even my husband hates this man!

Our Satnav is always called Dorris and I can't even remember why now, so hopefully it can or he's not going to like it!

Mike

I changed the voice very easy....
Got myself a nice Tomtom...way much better than VW overpriced sat-nav.
Mine came with sat-nav as a demo-car.
Don't use it...
Heared on T6 they are better

Last edited:
I look forward to listening to Freda on my Kenwood multimedia when into a week driving solo
She never answers back when I get cross with her if she makes a mistake! :)

Alan

Hi all,
We are wondering if anyone has changed the annoying voice on the VW sat nav? It's a very dreary mans voice and I can't stand listening to it any more ?
Must have been recorded just after the "dieselgate" emissions scandal broke out! :D

My satnav is a female voice and ridiculously polite, "please prepare to drive left in 1 mile".
Mine satnavs are always called Dilbert - so as it's impossible to change the voice on the T6 Ocean, it is now Dilbertina. Dilbert still helps me out with reading out text messages en-route, so he isn't totally redundant from VW...

I've got an Android headunit and it's interesting how voices change even the accent when using different apps: Sygic and Here quite British, but Google Map quite American..... North American.... United Sta... How you guys call people from USA?

Mine is a lady too, she seems to have forgotten the word turning or exit sometimes.

Please turn left at the second...

Second what?

We call ours Miranda - after the BBC TV show. She's constantly saying that the 'route has been updated' which can be really painful. Anybody else find this a pain?

We call ours Miranda - after the BBC TV show. She's constantly saying that the 'route has been updated' which can be really painful. Anybody else find this a pain?
Yep, especially as it isn't obvious where the updated route is without faffing about with the screen. Still that's the downside of handing over to a robot!

Must be new. Sally SatNav on my T5.
Love it when she says " Continue on this road for a long time ".
Sort of sounds like she's got bored with the whole navigation thing and can't be arsed to go into detail!

Yep, especially as it isn't obvious where the updated route is without faffing about with the screen. Still that's the downside of handing over to a robot!
"Take the next what I call turning on the left"

"Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so"

We have a new t6 and ours is female! Called Doris by us. As said before she's very polite but insistant , just looked again and there is no way to change voice I can see. Don't know whether car net would do it.

We have a new t6 and ours is female! Called Doris by us. As said before she's very polite but insistant , just looked again and there is no way to change voice I can see. Don't know whether car net would do it.
sadly no... it's STILL Dilbertina in my van...

That's UK traffic I'm afraid. Rarely happens to me on the Continent. Just have the occasional " Traffic Congestion " warning.
But then in the UK we virtually shut the motorway when cutting the grass unlike on the Continent where they just cut the grass with 1 land closed by a rolling road block/ sign vehicle and a modest speed restriction.
I think you can Shut that function Off, and spend more time listening to music in the stationary traffic if you want or turn the Nav Volume down and depend on the visual guidance.

I bought a Garmin as it cost far less than updating the maps etc in my older Cali. I chose 'James' just so that I can say "Home James" :happy

I bought a Garmin as it cost far less than updating the maps etc in my older Cali. I chose 'James' just so that I can say "Home James" :happy
Ditto, I got the Nuvicam which has a built in dash cam. Voice command, lane departure warning, collision warning, free map updates for life. :)

(Well I bought it for my car really, which doesn't have a sat nav, but I started using it in the van instead of the built in one.)

I wanted my sat-nav voice to be changed to the same as my Mother in law. Then I could get the pleasure of being able to turn her off, something that I have found impossible so far :shocked

I wanted my sat-nav voice to be changed to the same as my Mother in law. Then I could get the pleasure of being able to turn her off, something that I have found impossible so far :shocked
Hmm good idea, in my case it would be the mother-in-law's daughter! :D

Back