Sat Nav Coordinates

T6 CFO

T6 CFO

Mike
Top Poster
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Just a quick tip that might help some:-

We have the Discover Media Satnav and have definitely found it easiest to enter coordinates from apps such as Park4night.

I’ve recently discovered that you can virtually search for anywhere with the term “coordinates” and you get a result.

Example below is the Gloucester meet.

Put the below in google

“Tudor park caravan park coordinates”

You get

51.7346° N, 2.3974° W

You can also copy and paste the coordinates in google or Apple maps if you wish.

Far more exact than postcodes.

Mike

We have the Discover Media Satnav and have definitely found it easiest to enter coordinates from apps such as Park4night.

I’ve recently discovered that you can virtually search for anywhere with the term “coordinates” and you get a result.

Put the below in google

You get

51.7346° N, 2.3974° W

You can also copy and paste the coordinates in google or Apple maps if you wish.

Mike
If you can add POI files then Archies Camping has free downloadable POI files for numerous satnav systems. 32,000 campsites covering the whole of Europe and Scandinavia with the GPS co-ordinates and often Tel: Numbers. Also iPad App using same dataset.

http://www.archiescampings.eu/eng1/

Thats how I got to the Dorset Meet.

Put the below in google

You get

51.7346° N, 2.3974° W

Mike

I'm using coordinates more and more. On Google maps I can drop a pin which returns coordinates in the form (43.7382511,28.5597804). I can copy and paste this back into Google Maps and it returns coordinates in the form 43°44'17.7"N 28°33'35.2"E
Perfect!

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

If you can add POI files then Archies Camping has free downloadable POI files for numerous satnav systems. 32,000 campsites covering the whole of Europe and Scandinavia with the GPS co-ordinates and often Tel: Numbers. Also iPad App using same dataset.

http://www.archiescampings.eu/eng1/

Thats how I got to the Dorset Meet.
I’ve just downloaded this app. Looks fantastic. Thank you WelshGas for the info.
Jo