Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sat Nav map update

Hantshog

Hantshog

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Has anyone managed to update their Sat Nav on Discover Media? Looked on VWUK website but California not listed. Asked VWUK and waiting for a response but feel it should be straight forward, just like it is for cars.

I have selected T6 from the drop down menu.....however I'm here because I can't unzip the 7z file after download.

VW have kindly given me the option of purchasing a new sd card at £50 plus.

Any help would be much appreciated.

But it should cover it.

I will contact VW again tomorrow

I have selected T6 from the drop down menu.....however I'm here because I can't unzip the 7z file after download.

VW have kindly given me the option of purchasing a new sd card at £50 plus.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Which computer system do you have, Windows, Apple Mac or Linux. There is free software for each platform to decompress these files.

Ive got Windows 10

Tried 7zip. 8 lite 9zip and winrar

All say file is corrupted

I will get one the IT guys at work to have a look might save me pulling my hair out.

Thank you

Hi guys I had not downloaded all the parts.....did the full download..just under 2 hours...... 7zip extract 30 minutes.

Its in the van updating it says on the map update site apx 4hrs as it only updates when the ignition is on.

So hopefully by sunday it should be complete.

As I have a 2015 T5 Cali with RNS315 what is the best way to update the data? Are there any cd's out there I can hire??

Well my update has died.....I put the Sd card in and it says software update availabe...last night it looked like it was working today nothing.

As I have a 2015 T5 Cali with RNS315 what is the best way to update the data? Are there any cd's out there I can hire??
Not hire, buy only.
You can get the Official Updates on DVD or SD card from your Dealership. Cost could be anything upto £100 and you can even get the Dealer to do it.
Or there are the Unoffical Updates, normally a copied DVD or SD card at a fraction of the price but not necessarily the latest update. Of course there will be no comeback if your SatNav is damaged with the unofficial software.

Friends have used this vendor with good results.
http://www.satnavishop.co.uk/2017-2018-vw-rns315-sat-nav-sd-card-update-navigation-map-v9-586-p.asp

Just read this on another forum...time will tell

Full instructions for installing your new maps are given on the linked webpage. You have to over-write the data on your existing SD card as that card is locked to your car (I've tried to install it to a larger/faster SD card in the past, but had no joy.) So save the existing files on your SD card first!

Just read this on another forum...time will tell

Full instructions for installing your new maps are given on the linked webpage. You have to over-write the data on your existing SD card as that card is locked to your car (I've tried to install it to a larger/faster SD card in the past, but had no joy.) So save the existing files on your SD card first!

Agreed that’s what I read somewhere. Copy your SD card first and then do the update to it. Must get it done.

Mike

On page 31 of the MY18 California brochure, in the Discover Media Satnav Section it states " The system includes free updates for the pre-installed European maps through Volkswagen MapCare."
So should we be paying for updates ?

On page 31 of the MY18 California brochure, in the Discover Media Satnav Section it states " The system includes free updates for the pre-installed European maps through Volkswagen MapCare."
So should we be paying for updates ?
Only if you have a Pre - T6 vehicle.

Sounds like an opportunity for someone.

20171123_205942.jpgwell its done!

No update time on the unit just reads the maps straight away.

Thanks for all the tips and help guys

View attachment 27947well its done!

No update time on the unit just reads the maps straight away.

Thanks for all the tips and help guys
Can you confirm that you took the existing VW SD out of your van. took a copy then overwrote the existing SD with the updated maps then reinserted your VW SD back into the slot in the van? I have tried this with a non VW SD but it doesn't recognise it. I am reluctant to wipe out the existing SD without checking with others who have done this already. I can't see why a nonVW SD does not work.

Can you confirm that you took the existing VW SD out of your van. took a copy then overwrote the existing SD with the updated maps then reinserted your VW SD back into the slot in the van? I have tried this with a non VW SD but it doesn't recognise it. I am reluctant to wipe out the existing SD without checking with others who have done this already. I can't see why a nonVW SD does not work.

Yes this was my problem...you must use the original vw sd card in the sat nav and you need to download all the parts of the updated maps.

Pop the card back in the correct slot and it automatically reads it.

I updated mine with a card bought from a well known auction site for Around £25. It was a sealed factory product when it arrived.

I updated mine with a card bought from a well known auction site for Around £25. It was a sealed factory product when it arrived.
Thanks for that, Just purchased a 2018 one for £15.50, doubt it will be sealed "VW" but will give it a go. Good feedback and seller wanted pics of my unit/screen etc to make sure it was correct.

Back