Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sat nav/Media player sunlight probems

P

Pete Wilkins

VIP Member
Has anyone come up with a solution to the light on the media screen making it impossible to see the screen when sunny and bright, we use a post card stuck in the gap between the dash and radio has anyone come up with any ideas of how to solve the problem. I am thinking of getting some sort of peak hood made to solve the problem, not sure what others have done to get over this.

I never thought about free standing say nav hoods I might be able to make it fit will check them out, i have the Kenwood DNX525DAB which is a touch screen so not wanting to stick something over it, I just thought others would have the same problem and wondered what others had done. With the angle it is sat at in the dash in the Cali most of us must have the same problem

Last edited:
Sorry I didn't read carefully. I thought you meant a stand alone sat-nav. I have never had a problem with glare on my RNS310 screen. I wonder of the angles are different. I have used a plastic sunshield on my Motorbike nav and it works well. As you say you should be able to mod something from the available shades which would look better than a postcard. Then again, postcards are cheap!

I only realised the other day it was my polarising sunglasses making it hard to read - no solution yet

I never thought about free standing say nav hoods I might be able to make it fit will check them out, i have the Kenwood DNX525DAB which is a touch screen so not wanting to stick something over it, I just thought others would have the same problem and wondered what others had done. With the angle it is sat at in the dash in the Cali most of us must have the same problem
This should do the job.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...-Sundshade-insert-CD/1147209_32219723625.html

That’s hilarious! I think as above I’d try an empty Black Magic chocolate box first.

Back