Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Satellite system in Aldi.

Astronomy

Astronomy

Vehicle
T5 SE 140 4Motion
Hello all.

Just wondering about the Satellite set up that Aldi are selling.

I purchased the Avtex TV for the Cali recently (Cracking bit of kit BTW) which was suggested in the forums.

However the satellite set up at Aldi looked ok for the price anyway, but im thinking about reception quality issues and picking up mostly foreign channels.

Hopefully theres a better expert than me that knows about satellite stuff.

Robbie

We have one of the 'dishes in a case' and the pick up is pretty good. You have to be very patient in setting it up but it does perform well and you can use the suction base (usually included though I've not looked at the Aldi version in detail) to stick it to your roof or windscreen.

Apparently, it's not so good once you venture out of the UK, as it is quite small - unless you want to pick up local channels, wherever you are, in which case I'm sure it'll be fine.

BTW, we use an Avtex TV in our caravan - they are great!

We have one of the 'dishes in a case' and the pick up is pretty good. You have to be very patient in setting it up but it does perform well and you can use the suction base (usually included though I've not looked at the Aldi version in detail) to stick it to your roof or windscreen.

Apparently, it's not so good once you venture out of the UK, as it is quite small - unless you want to pick up local channels, wherever you are, in which case I'm sure it'll be fine.

BTW, we use an Avtex TV in our caravan - they are great!

Many thanks for the heads up, we will deliberate quick before they run out. !

We had one of the Aldi ones and it worked fine. Ended up selling it though as it took up space in the van and we rarely used it.
As Ryddin said, takes time and patience to set it up.

My Dad has one in his caravan, he really struggled to set it up manually, it really needs a signal finder to make it quick to setup. He ended up not using it because of the faffing and switched to a regular TV aerial.

If I remember rightly the Aldi one has a signal meter included, worth checking though.

After much deliberation we picked up a 12 inch Bush dvd player from Argos, £75 down from £100.
Takes usb and sd card too so very handy. Swivel screen as well a 12v charger/ mains charger and about 3 hours battery life. Will fit in the seat back :)