Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sausage Sarny....

Kris Emery

Kris Emery

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Inspired by the Bacon Butty thread - Sausage Sarny !

What is your best Sausage Sarny recipe experience?

Mine still is some years ago (before Cali days) in the UK on my way from Manchester Airport to Stoke. Early in the morning came off the A500 turning and in the lay-by on the left a chow wagon.

It was an early flight leaving home at 05:00 so definitely ready for breakfast.

Ordered the sausage sarny - it came on lovely white bread - two plump delicious sausages - cut in half lengthways with a smidge of brown sauce - Yummmm...

Eating outside, nippy morning, on a small standing round table with a bunch of chatty truckers - grease running down my chin and with too much butter etc. running down my hands for the serviette to cope with was marvellous!

Never really reoreated despite many attempts....

Calikev I can see your diet is getting to you! Everytime someone mentions food you are quick to reply!!! Sympathies....I am on 600 calories a day as need to lose weight for an operation!

Lol I burn 1000 calories at the gym 5 days a week after years of abusing my body with the wrong food. I’m getting thinner now

No no no Kev it's got to be brown sauce and HP at that :thumb talking about diets I need to lose some weight so I must stop looking at the food ones :(

No no brown sauce is to overpowering for me I only have tomato sauce with sausages nothing else. My eldest daughter has tomato sauce instead of gravy on her Sunday roast she fills her Yorkshire pudding with it yuck

Cumberland for me on toasted thick white with HP.
or
Merguez on a fresh bread roll with Harissa.
or
Cold Cumberland on wholemeal with tomato and Mayo.

I'm afraid that whilst I might treat my body as a temple before a race in between I treat it as a trash can.

Sausage sarnie's are a passion in my household and I have tried every formula going but it still boils down to thick slices of white bread, spread with butter of course, Cumberland sausage in between and unlike @calikev it can only be brown sauce, enough of it that there's some left to dribble down my chin during the most inelegant phase of feeding it into my face :shocked

Sausages have come a long way in recent years. Do you remember those horrid pink ones that you'd have to cook for a month and they'd still be pink? Mrs B and I have always said that you can tell a good B and B by the quality of their sausages. In our experience a good sausage normally goes along with attention to detail elsewhere. Most sausages are now of reasonable quality and many are quite superb being made of top quality ingredients.

To answer the thread, we regularly take our three nearest grandchildren out in Bluebelle Beach for a sausage sizzle. They love going off to worry the wild life and play whilst we cook the snorkers to be served in soft baps. :thumb Brown sauce optional.

We have very many wonderful memories of our sausage sizzles.

Back