Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

scooter ramp or carrier

Beachbum140

Beachbum140

Vehicle
T5 Beach
Not sure best place to post this but thought I would share our latest addition to the van. When parked we use a scooter to get around - going shopping ot surfing or eating out. Made for Zar R5000 in South IMG-20200910-WA0007.jpegAfrica - less than GBP230. First removed bumper to weld to square tubing sections on either side of the towbar into which the ramp slides. 20200913_172837.jpgIMG-20200910-WA0011.jpeg

Looks good. Could you put some photos of the chassis receptors and a side view please

Thanks. Im doing something similar but without the bumper cuts which I couldnt live with. I will drop the receptors below the bumper then kick the box section up as it goes the rear.
What static load is this rated for ?

I am not sure of the load capacity as the contractor builds these for motorbikes that are much heavier than our little scooter. I found a thread once about the load the california can take with a bike ramp in these forums but have not been able to find it again.

the bumper cutouts was a big sacrifice but going under lowered the departure angle significantly on our van. If you have a 4motion or suspension lift you should be fine. I might have to replace the bumper if I ever sell but plenty available in scrap yards here

Its the Cate and is TUV rated at 250kg. You answered my question re heavier motorbikes as im aiming to design for a 170kg motorbike but using the cantilever approach you have rather than the cate triangulated design.

Its possible to design around the bumper cutting for sure but its a fair bit more involved and heavier.

I now have my Cate motorcycle or other carrier for sale complete with all fixings.I used a few times for my Classic scrambling but have given up so don't have a use for it now. Its in good condition with lighting board etc. It does fit with or without a towbar .The lighting board does however need a trailer socket to work.I'm looking for offers. It is the full kit with checker plate platform and wheel rail. Pictures are of an identical carrier .

46321.jpgCate.jpg

Cate-Motorradtraeger-VW-T6--3b.jpg

I now have my Cate motorcycle or other carrier for sale complete with all fixings.I used a few times for my Classic scrambling but have given up so don't have a use for it now. Its in good condition with lighting board etc. It does fit with or without a towbar .The lighting board does however need a trailer socket to work.I'm looking for offers. It is the full kit with checker plate platform and wheel rail. Pictures are of an identical carrier .

View attachment 100115

View attachment 100116

Hi do you still have this for sale?

Back