Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Club Meet Scottish meet, 22nd November

Ewan

Ewan

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Thinking of organising another Sunday meet in Scotland for anyone who's interested. Unless anyone's got any alternative suggestions I suggest meeting up at the Meikleour Arms (just north of Perth) on November 22nd for a lunch and a natter. Perth seems fairly central for folk coming from north and south.

http://www.meikleourarms.co.uk/

We last met here in March 2014 when there were just two vans plus another two on order. Can we beat that number this time ?

Of interest ?

Hi Ewan, thanks for arranging this, look forward to seeing you there.

Hi Ewan,

I enjoy looking at your website. Been very helpful to me, thank you.

You can count on me next year when I have my own van. Hope you have a good meet.

Cheers
Tom

Hi Ewan,

I enjoy looking at your website. Been very helpful to me, thank you.

You can count on me next year when I have my own van. Hope you have a good meet.

Cheers
Tom
No need to have your van, why not come and join us.

Would love to & thanks for encouraging me.
I'm looking forward to it & see you there.

Cheers

Hi Tom,

Glad you can make it - should be a good opportunity to meet some like-minded folk and also sneak a peak at their vans.

Hi Ewan, thanks for arranging. I've added us to the events list (that'll be 2 adults for the lunch numbers)

Thanks Ewan. We're looking forward to seeing everyone there.
Numbers-wise from us, it should be 2 adults & a wee one.
See you all then.

Hi Ewan,

We're hoping to be able to join you, we are new to the forum and have just got our first Cali. We are based in Aberdeenshire. Looking forward to meeting some other forum members.

Cheers
Mark and Michelle

Hi Mark & Michelle,

Glad you can join us!

I came across this article recently. It may be of interest. DSC_0031.JPG

Will be lovely to meet up with others in November....a great excuse for a winter outing (minus food as I've partially 'winterised' my van already...having to leave him for sunnier climes for a while...just awakening to 30C in Florida..someone has to do it!).
Looking forward to meeting everyone. Thanks Euan for organising this.

I've booked lunch for 1pm. They have a dining room we can use where we can get a bit of privacy.

Any more able to join us ?

Hi Ewan,

Looks like a work clash will stop me from attending this time. A shame and I was hoping to demonstrate my solar panel. Have a good time anyhow. Cheers Martin

Hi Ewan,

....I was hoping to demonstrate my solar panel......
That would have been very interesting....hope it's sunny and work free the next time.
Looking forward to express demo....and has anyone tried slow cookers or other devices in their vans? Granny Jen seems to be an expert on this subject but I'd like to see the options first hand....might just stick to salads and pasta but hoping to do a bigger trip next year, so might have to get the cookbook out after all.....

Ewen...how about we all bring to the table one item we couldn't live without or think is ingenious, or just plain funny to be carrying around with us?!

Sounds a great idea, Suzanne. It would be great to share new ideas or gadgets.

Sorry you can't make it Martin - we'll have to organise another meet in the summer when the sun's shining.

Hi Ewan,
We are hoping to attend or at least call in for a drink - what time are you booked for lunch? We will probably be travelling down from Blair Atholl Sunday morning but Gerry has a flight out of Glasgow at 5.15pm Sunday evening so it would be a flying visit in passing. We could maybe grab a quick lunch!

Hi Margaret,

I've booked us for lunch at 1pm so hopefully you'll be able to stop by for a bite to eat or a drink.

Hi Ewan,

We originally RSVPed as "maybe", can we change that to a "definitely"!
So that will be 2 more of us for lunch.

Cheers
Mark and Michelle

Great, glad you're now able to make it.

By my reckoning we have 14 so far for next Sunday (apologies for those I've missed and names I've forgotten :embarrased):

Myself
Ken & Gill (KenM)
Stuart & 1 (sbcmd)
Suzanne & 1 (Dottie)
Tom (Tommy Gun)
Mark & Michelle (CaliCurious)
Linda & David (Looby)
Margaret & Gerry (Mags21)

I'll plan to arrive 12ish. Lunch booked at 1pm.

Any more to join us ?