Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Scottish Ski trip Jan '18

Aubisque

Aubisque

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Here's a vid I put together of a Ski/Snowboard/camping trip to Scotland in Jan this year.
Thanks to gavrobb on this forum for some useful advice before I went, happy to pass on any tips I have also.

Last edited:
Nice wee video. Love glenshee when conditions are good.

Excellent!! I was in Chamonix in January..... Conditions were terrible compared to Sunny Scotland!! Scotland next time for sure!

Excellent!! I was in Chamonix in January..... Conditions were terrible compared to Sunny Scotland!! Scotland next time for sure!

Me too.
Just to much snow this year. At least got to ski a new area. Never skied Les Houches before.
Last day was a good one ;)

AFE207BE-E18F-48E9-A437-64F1C0A0C7DB.jpeg

Got to say.
I would never head up to Scotland skiing.
8-9 hrs driving from my house.
I can do the alps in 12

Got to say.
I can do the alps in 12

Back in the 6th-7th Century..... When the sea and rivers, were our motorways.... The overkingdom of Dál Riada spanned parts of North East Ireland, and Western Scotland....

Today.... It seems not much has changed, once ferry costs have been considered! Scotland is still within much easier reach for me, from here in Belfast, and very much still feels like home.
:cheers

Last edited:
Nice video there. Can see that you had good fun. Earlier on in the video, having meals in a Cali with big curtains did confuse me, then saw that the Cali was outside and you were inside a white whale :D

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Only area open on this occasion, for us also.

We were there from 14th - 21st Jan and it was the same. We had one good day on the Monday which enabled us to get up to Aiguille du Midi. The skiing was also limited to Les Houches but absolutely loved it. Tried Le Tour one day and it was total white-out.

Next year the Cali is coming!!

Nice video there. Can see that you had good fun. Earlier on in the video, having meals in a Cali with big curtains did confuse me, then saw that the Cali was outside and you were inside a white whale :D

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Ha - yeah, a friend met us at Glenshee and we had lunch in the big white whale :)

Thanks for all the kind comments everyone.

Got to say.
I can do the alps in 12
Got to say.
I can do the alps in 12

I’ve skied all over the world and Scotland was one of my favourite trips, it’s about the adventure in a Cali as much as snow sliding, done loads of that and it gets repetitive.

I’ve skied all over the world and Scotland was one of my favourite trips, it’s about the adventure in a Cali as much as snow sliding, done loads of that and it gets repetitive.

I’m new to skiing and to having a Cali! Scotland or Alps, it is all an adventure and I’m loving it! :D

We were there from 14th - 21st Jan and it was the same. We had one good day on the Monday which enabled us to get up to Aiguille du Midi. The skiing was also limited to Les Houches but absolutely loved it. Tried Le Tour one day and it was total white-out.

Next year the Cali is coming!!

I was there this year the following week to you.
Usually I head for Brevent, Le Tour or Grand Monts.
But they were all closed under massive snow. Les Houches is actually very pretty. Might head there more often in the future.

Did last year in the Cali.
It’s possibly more expensive.
Got flights this year for £130 return including ski carriage and 5 guys split the accommodation £30 a night.
Plus 6 hrs door to door.

The Cali trip there last year was a laugh. But it’s a long drive both ways and the legs were more tired. Probably because the van did get cold late at night.

Love it. You can’t beat skiing at Glenshee when conditions are good. Thanks for sharing.

Your vid reminded me to wax my board
94ea2e2df8b759fd6996c7ed58330acc.jpg

Back