Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Screech/clunk on start-up

Maxx

Maxx

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi looking for advice regarding a fairly loud clunk followed by a screeching noise that has just occurred on start-up.

T6 Beach (18) 150ps DSG. I’ve only owned the vehicle just under a month but today when I started the vehicle for the first time since Sunday there was a very audible clunk (could also feel it shudder through the brake peddle). This was immediately followed by a short screech that stopped pretty quickly, however the screech returned moments later and lasted for about 5 seconds before stoping again. I turned it off, waited a few moments and started-up again and there was no repeat. Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this or anything similar?
I intend to get it booked in with VW as soon as I can but the timing is damn inconvenient!

I'm no mechanic but could that be a stone or gravel or something in the calliper that has now gone?

Thanks for the reply. Thennoise occurred before I attempted to drive and was immediate on start up...it sounded like a belt rubbing!

Screech could be an auxiliary belt. Clunk is harder to pinpoint. Could have just been on engine compression. Could have been the A/C compressor.

If it started fine the second time around then it cant be anything serious.

Hi looking for advice regarding a fairly loud clunk followed by a screeching noise that has just occurred on start-up.

T6 Beach (18) 150ps DSG. I’ve only owned the vehicle just under a month but today when I started the vehicle for the first time since Sunday there was a very audible clunk (could also feel it shudder through the brake peddle). This was immediately followed by a short screech that stopped pretty quickly, however the screech returned moments later and lasted for about 5 seconds before stoping again. I turned it off, waited a few moments and started-up again and there was no repeat. Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this or anything similar?
I intend to get it booked in with VW as soon as I can but the timing is damn inconvenient!

Was it cold by any chance, sometimes my coolant heater squeals on start up. Although feeling a clunk etc doesnt sound like that problem.

I would agree might be worth getting all your belts etc checked.

Back