SE / Ocean rear seat reluctant to fold

2into1

2into1

Née T4WFA. Now running 2006 LHD T5 SE 130 Manual
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Do we have a drawing or good description of how the rear seat releases in an SE / Ocean?
Mine is getting increasingly reluctant to fold. I always manage after a few minutes of swearing but I know one day it won't. I'm just after a starter on where to look for adjustments etc. Thanks

You mean folding the backrest flat getting the bed ready ?
Best is to sit on your knees in the seat when pulling the strap...

Do we have a drawing or good description of how the rear seat releases in an SE / Ocean?
Mine is getting increasingly reluctant to fold. I always manage after a few minutes of swearing but I know one day it won't. I'm just after a starter on where to look for adjustments etc. Thanks
This is the 2006 seat mechanism. The later mechanism is a little simpler.

97A47B98-4227-4501-B883-5EC56B4D4761.png

You mean folding the backrest flat getting the bed ready ?
Best is to sit on your knees in the seat when pulling the strap...
Yeah that's what's becoming difficult. I'd heard that tip and tried it. I've had several Cali's with this seat and this one is clearly need adjustment.... Its as if the 'pull' doesn't quite trigger the release. I'll see if I can understand WG's diagram below!

This is the 2006 seat mechanism. The later mechanism is a little simpler.

View attachment 66800
Cheers WG. I think that's 3 views of the backrest. Is the release mechanism ALL in the back rest rather than the base? I thought it worked on the back and the base... Hence the tip to kneel on the base (which I think alters its angle when released?).

Cheers WG. I think that's 3 views of the backrest. Is the release mechanism ALL in the back rest rather than the base? I thought it worked on the back and the base... Hence the tip to kneel on the base (which I think alters its angle when released?).
All in the Backrest, see below.

E35F11D2-F3C6-4171-8812-87143FF6B939.png

This might help

Select - Campmobile and then select the Year.

Back