Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sea to Summit Mattress micro leaks.. Solved

Skewif

Skewif

It’s not what you have, it's where you wake up.
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Love my Sea to Summit self inflating mattress, it's so comfortable and light. My 2 year old mattress recently started to deflate slowly overnight which isn't as bad as it sounds as even deflated it's okay to sleep on as has a foam core. Got it in the bath and wiped it over with soapy water to discover about 20 micro leaks down one side on the top surface wardrobe side. Phoned up the UK agents and was pleasantly surprised to discover it has a lifetime guarantee. They emailed a prepaid return label and after they inspected it a brand new mattress was delivered and all within a week. Now that's what I call service. Hats off to Sea and Summit!

Have you got the name or telephone number of the UK agents - I have the same problem. Many thanks Scoobz

That's why I think the S2S mattress could be a good addition, but it will never replace the "upstairs" mattress in order to be left permanent there. If the problem occurs while on holiday even just a week is too long, in my opinion.

Love my Sea to Summit self inflating mattress, it's so comfortable and light. My 2 year old mattress recently started to deflate slowly overnight which isn't as bad as it sounds as even deflated it's okay to sleep on as has a foam core. Got it in the bath and wiped it over with soapy water to discover about 20 micro leaks down one side on the top surface wardrobe side. Phoned up the UK agents and was pleasantly surprised to discover it has a lifetime guarantee. They emailed a prepaid return label and after they inspected it a brand new mattress was delivered and all within a week. Now that's what I call service. Hats off to Sea and Summit!
Thanks for this info. Mine too deflates.
Will try the soapy water trick and have a look.

I have had concerns about the design of the Camper version from S2S for some time. The microleaks here sort of confirms those fears. The design issue is the lack of gusseted side elements. The regular S2S Comfort Delux mattresses have an extra element around the edge, whereas the top and bottom panels on the Camper version are just stitched together creating addditional tension when inflated. Eventually that tension will cause microholes. I see this being a repetitive problem so its a good thing there is a lifetime warranty. I wouldn't leave this mattress permanently in the poptop either.

Just to update this thread. Put together a video showing air leaking through micro holes on the top of the mattress (Fairy liquid mixed with water did the trick) and set it off to the above UK distributor. They sent me a returns label and eventually sent me a new mattress when they managed to get one in stock (this took about a month). Would suggest anybody else that has one which slowly goes down over night to do the same .... apparently they have a lifetime guarantee !

After an age it looks like these are back in stock in various stores for anyone interested. Picked one up from Rock & Run. Delivered foc within a couple of days of ordering.