Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Seat/bed removal

• Thread starter Richard Goldsmith
  • Start date
R

Richard Goldsmith

My first post so forgive me if this is an old topic. I have recently bought a 2010 California manual 174bhp. Great to drive and excited about next year's travels. I have tried to remove the bench seat/bed, following the manual instructions, but it will not slide forward to position where the track inserts have been removed? Any advice (apart from "get a brain"). Richard

Hi Richard I think there are some bolts in the track before you get to the gap in the track
That need removing but be warned the seat is very very heavy :thumb

Hi Richard,

I removed my seat last year and ran into some problems.

I would advise you get some help ideally two others to lift the seat, as the seat is very heavy and awkward to lift out.

I would also advise that you you put the seat on a clean surface on say some cardboard.

Here is the link to the post to help to keep you from having the same problem.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=818

John

Thanks Calikev and John. Your photos help, John. I'll look tomorrow at where the bolt are and whether they can be removed. No mention of bolts in the User Manual!!
Its good having access to others who must have had similar difficulties.
Richard

Hi Richard,

I removed my seat last year and ran into some problems.

I would advise you get some help ideally two others to lift the seat, as the seat is very heavy and awkward to lift out.

I would also advise that you you put the seat on a clean surface on say some cardboard.

Here is the link to the post to help to keep you from having the same problem.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=818

John
The link to view topic above does not work. Anyone know I can look at it or does anyone have description (blow by blow) of how to remove the rear seat?
This is a very serious request. :bananadance

Hi Richard I think there are some bolts in the track before you get to the gap in the track
That need removing but be warned the seat is very very heavy :thumb
At the weekend I tried to remove my rear seat from 2008 California SE, once the covers have been removed from the rails, it looks really intuitive that the seat should slide in to place aligned with the openings and lift out (albeit with strong team members). However I can't get the seat to move right to the very end and fully expose the 'feet' that locate the seat in to the rails. I read this post and saw the reference to 'bolts in the track' but so far I've not been able to locate and the rail system seems clear to the end? Does anyone have recent experience and link to photo/video of what's required to get the seat to move all the way in to the aligned position for removal. Thanks for any help!

DE67DD8C-12C8-4D10-8AEA-896082CCEB64.jpeg6C0506AC-08A5-4235-8935-A9C5202B0DFE.jpeg25D01780-66AC-4460-8001-6C1515387E6E.jpeg
This is what I have, removed the front one and set the rear one farther back so seat will travel all the way front wise and so far back, without rear shelf, before headrests touch the overhead locker.
It is very heavy, I tried and didn’t quite get the seat out due to the step down and my back . I reckon it’s a 3 person job if not 4
My stop was in the rail next to cupboards...
HTH

@EddieEagle thank you for taking time to post and helpful images of the 'stops', with the dust seals in place I've previously ran a straight edge (kid's ruler) through the rail to see if I could locate a block but to no avail. But will have another look now that I know what to expect, especially in the rail closest to kitchen.:thumb

Back