Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Seat cover choice

Steve_gray2

Steve_gray2

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Have Cali Ocean due late spring and looking at seat covers - like the GTi style but wonder whether they wipe clean, or are just another absorbent layer to stain?
Otherwise might go for the more expensive leather look version, but they look dull!
Appreciate any views or experiences

Have Cali Ocean due late spring and looking at seat covers - like the GTi style but wonder whether they wipe clean, or are just another absorbent layer to stain?
Otherwise might go for the more expensive leather look version, but they look dull!

Hi, I saw these in the Club Shop in December and would say that if you want waterproof you need to go for the leather look ones, personally I prefer those anyway.
Another place to look is a German company called Ukatex, they do some leather ones and some brighter colours. They'll deliver to the UK if you message them

I think they both look really good every time I've seen pics of them fitted. But I think even with the leather look the material is perforated and although possibly wipe clean may not be that resistant to full on spills which I fear is likely with my kids.

We’ve just fitted the unattractive but waterproof seat covers and did a daft video if you want to see how easy they are to fit.
Alternatively, I believe Jack Yard covers are waterproof so might be worth looking into them too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We’ve just fitted the unattractive but waterproof seat covers and did a daft video if you want to see how easy they are to fit.
Alternatively, I believe Jack Yard covers are waterproof so might be worth looking into them too

Are they the Inca ones (sorry not watched the video yet). If so are they airbag safe?

Have a look at the Inka Second Skins. Great designs, quality and value.

Are they the Inca ones (sorry not watched the video yet). If so are they airbag safe?

We used the Vw ones which I believe are made by Inka and are airbag compatible

I notice their website says: Fits Seats Without Airbags ONLY
But all 6.1 seats have airbags?
Wrong covers.These are the 2nd skins; other designs available as well. Fully airbag tested and compliant.

I have the Inca ones and they are airbag safe; as long as you fit them the right way round and have the open seam where the airbag lies.

I have the Inca ones and they are airbag safe; as long as you fit them the right way round and have the open seam where the airbag lies.
Are they hard to fit? We're looking at them but concerned with how tricky they may be.

Are they hard to fit? We're looking at them but concerned with how tricky they may be.

If you mean the waterproof version, they’re very easy!
20 minutes and you’re done

If you mean the waterproof version, they’re very easy!
20 minutes and you’re done

I have the waterproof ones and can confirm they are a doddle to fit. You just have to make sure you put the front seats on the right way round. They are easy to take off, wash and refit too.
I know they are a bit boring and could be a little less baggy in places, but if you have got kids, dogs or love your outdoor activities, they are simply fantastic.
My parents have the leather look option from the club shop. They look amazing but we spend a lot of time at the beach and the perforations would fill with sand. When the kids get a bit bigger, we will probably upgrade but can’t justify the expense at the moment.

I have the waterproof ones and can confirm they are a doddle to fit. You just have to make sure you put the front seats on the right way round. They are easy to take off, wash and refit too.
I know they are a bit boring and could be a little less baggy in places, but if you have got kids, dogs or love your outdoor activities, they are simply fantastic.
My parents have the leather look option from the club shop. They look amazing but we spend a lot of time at the beach and the perforations would fill with sand. When the kids get a bit bigger, we will probably upgrade but can’t justify the expense at the moment.
Are you talking about these or the 2nd skin ones?

DF724FCC-EDF5-4805-A871-7E4BF937B4DD.png

The waterproof ones, similar to the ones in the video and not the Inka second skin.

I hear good things about the second skins but needed them to be waterproof. Their website confirms they are airbag compatible abs now come with isofix points included, which you previously had to pay extra for.
184D51E4-9068-40CC-A31D-CCF79C0A1868.jpeg

Last edited:

Absolutely.
We put them on for the colder/wetter half of the year as they’re so easy to store when not in use too.
Bit sweaty in the summer though