Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Seat covers that are mid price, good quality and good service?

U

user: Jules12345

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi, Just got a Cali and accidentally stained the seat by looking at it for too long!!! So decided to buy some reasonable quality seat covers, for say £250. Inka have terrible feedback and everybody else's are cheap or crazy expensive. So wondering if anybody knows of a good quality reliable supplier. Thanks

Ukatex.
Made to order in Germany. Great selection of colours. Excellent quality and fit.
Cost about 250 euro for full set.

We had the black nylon VW ones provided by the dealer as a thank you. They’re fine, if a bit sweaty when really hot. Only took them off once when in the French heatwave. Certainly saved some staining, and dog paws ! I think they list at a round £130.

Hi, Just got a Cali and accidentally stained the seat by looking at it for too long!!! So decided to buy some reasonable quality seat covers, for say £250. Inka have terrible feedback and everybody else's are cheap or crazy expensive. So wondering if anybody knows of a good quality reliable supplier. Thanks
Can't assist with seat cover advice as we don't have any, but I can tell you that Autoglym Interior Shampoo is excellent at getting stains out.

Could I also point out that you have popped your postcode in your profile details for everyone to see. Some might say that advertising where you keep your precious Cali might not be prudent. Hope you don't mind me saying?

Had Ukatex covers in the Tiguan. They were good for the price point, practical rather than luxury so not the best fit or material but did us OK for 4 years of hard family wear. We have Inka second skins in the Cali and find them to be excellent - great quality and fit. They are a little more than the Ukatex, a little less than Brandrup but easily on a par for quality. Some have reported issues with customer service but I haven’t had any problems, delivered within a couple of days, ordered through eBay when they were running a 20% discount offer. Very happy to recommend.

I got a set of 2nd hand ones from here - they come up occasionally so worth keeping an eye out. I have a t5 but got the T6 covers, they fit fine apart from the front headrests on the T6 I think are a bit bigger so I had to wrap them round a bit more than they should to in order to make them fit. Still looks fine though

Also a second nod to autoglym interior shampoo

Can't assist with seat cover advice as we don't have any, but I can tell you that Autoglym Interior Shampoo is excellent at getting stains out.

Could I also point out that you have popped your postcode in your profile details for everyone to see. Some might say that advertising where you keep your precious Cali might not be prudent. Hope you don't mind me saying?
I'm grateful, I was scammed last week while selling my Porsche, with one guy distracting me and the other squirting Diesel up my exhaust. Then when smoke poured out, wanted a £5k discount. So thanks

Ukatex.
Made to order in Germany. Great selection of colours. Excellent quality and fit.
Cost about 250 euro for full set.
They look good. Thank you for the referral

Had Ukatex covers in the Tiguan. They were good for the price point, practical rather than luxury so not the best fit or material but did us OK for 4 years of hard family wear. We have Inka second skins in the Cali and find them to be excellent - great quality and fit. They are a little more than the Ukatex, a little less than Brandrup but easily on a par for quality. Some have reported issues with customer service but I haven’t had any problems, delivered within a couple of days, ordered through eBay when they were running a 20% discount offer. Very happy to recommend.
That balances things a bit, so thanks

I'm grateful, I was scammed last week while selling my Porsche, with one guy distracting me and the other squirting Diesel up my exhaust. Then when smoke poured out, wanted a £5k discount. So thanks
That's awful. The moral compass of these people. :punch

Not aware of more recent negative reviews on Inka seat covers but ours have been very useful over the past 10 years of ownership. Perhaps a bit utilitarian in looks but protect the upholstery fine. We’ve never used our van without them.

We have the premium leather look covers from the club shop. They are not cheap but fit extremely well and look great i think. Luckliy we bought from another club member who as selling his Cali and they were a good bit cheaper so it's worth keeping an eye on the for sale board.

Not aware of more recent negative reviews on Inka seat covers but ours have been very useful over the past 10 years of ownership. Perhaps a bit utilitarian in looks but protect the upholstery fine. We’ve never used our van without them.
I think there are at least 2 types of Inka covers. One I think are called "waterproof" or similar looks like you have bin bags over the seats and I suspect these are the utilitarian version - but if you own a dog or generally need something wipe down then they are the go-to solution.

The other type is Inka second skins which as the name suggests look almost like factory fitted covers. The only thing I don't like about the second skins is the armrest covers as they by necessity have to kind of be a bag round the rest, with a hole for the wheel. The actual seat cover parts and headrests look absolutely great though.

Some covers may not be airbag compatible, just so that you are aware.
Meaning that the airbag may not deploy correctly through the stiching.
Just something that isn't always considered when making comparisons between different products and manufacturers.

Not sure why you don't like inks? Is it their customer service that's crap or their covers? I have inka on mine and they are great. I didn't buy them though. They were on when I got the van. Not those water proof ones.cive had them on all the time the last 6 years. Come up great in the washer and only washed them once

I'll vouch for used Brandrup 2nd skins at the price you are seeking. That said I paid a bit more than that but truthfully they are like the original seats (same material and pattern) and look just about new.
They wash well too.

Not sure why you don't like inks? Is it their customer service that's crap or their covers? I have inka on mine and they are great. I didn't buy them though. They were on when I got the van. Not those water proof ones.cive had them on all the time the last 6 years. Come up great in the washer and only washed them once
Hi, It was reports of appalling customer service and 3 month deliveries. Quality comments, like yours are generally good, so I may chance it.

I'll vouch for used Brandrup 2nd skins at the price you are seeking. That said I paid a bit more than that but truthfully they are like the original seats (same material and pattern) and look just about new.
They wash well too.
Hi there, just checked and they are sadly about £600 for the 2 front and rear bench. ouch! Where did you get yours?

Hi, we got some of the Inka Takata. 4 weeks from order to delivery although it’s clear from reviews some are waiting a lot longer. Bit pricey but they look great I think and good quality and fit. Only complaint was no instructions in the box but they quickly emailed them to us.

179750C8-F1FF-469E-AD9C-A2B29E2F9D90.jpeg

2E715F88-D2BB-484B-B640-9ABC0D577D3B.jpeg

Hi there, just checked and they are sadly about £600 for the 2 front and rear bench. ouch! Where did you get yours?
Hi Jules,
the key word in case you missed it was 'used'
I bought mine from the from classifieds They can be had for £250 - £300 in great condition.
See here>>> #1

They don't seem to have the Ocean seat formation. Am I just being thick and not finding it?

Back