Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Seat Covers

Surfingfamily

Surfingfamily

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi folks...

Really sorry to ask a question that has been asked before but I'm going round and round in circles with finding suitable seat covers for our new Cali.

The Brandup ones look lovely, but I cannot justify the expense at the moment. Can anyone recommend cheaper air bag safe seat covers??

Thanks in advance :)

Brandrup are well worth the money and retain around 70% of their value, I tried Inka and they are too industrial

I have the Inka ones. They look fine to me and have protected the cloth seats from my dog .

I'm just fitting my inka ones - yes they are a bit industrial but at £119 can't complain. And sure they are going to deter mud, dog hair and general wear. Have just posted on the other recent post for any tips regarding the bar bit on the covers - as in best way to fit?
Thanks

We have had the Inka grey ones for over four years now and they are very efficient. The original seat upholstery underneath is immaculate. The only down side is that unlike Brandrup, which closely match the original fabric, the plain grey is a bit dull but the price is great.

A combination of tilting the front seats forward and firmly pushing the bar into position will secure them.

Cheers

We have had the Inka grey ones for over four years now and they are very efficient. The original seat upholstery underneath is immaculate. The only down side is that unlike Brandrup, which closely match the original fabric, the plain grey is a bit dull but the price is great.

A combination of tilting the front seats forward and firmly pushing the bar into position will secure them.

Cheers
Thanks for that - cheers

Hi folks...

Really sorry to ask a question that has been asked before but I'm going round and round in circles with finding suitable seat covers for our new Cali.

The Brandup ones look lovely, but I cannot justify the expense at the moment. Can anyone recommend cheaper air bag safe seat covers??

I've looked for air bag safe covers but all the cheaper ones don't include this function.
Only option would be to cut a slot where the airbag is and either stitch around it or put a piece of tape over the cut/slit which would get blown off by the airbag should it 'fire'.

I've looked for air bag safe covers but all the cheaper ones don't include this function.
Only option would be to cut a slot where the airbag is and either stitch around it or put a piece of tape over the cut/slit which would get blown off by the airbag should it 'fire'.

I am not sure what insurance companies would think of that suggestion!

I am not sure what insurance companies would think of that suggestion!
I wonder how many have seat covers fitted with no airbag release capability.

It was a suggestion that wouldn't impair seat bag deployment avoiding any safety/protection issue.

We’re 6 weeks into ownership no seat covers have tried to purchase the ones Steve kindly provided a picture of unfortunately they are still unavailable any advice where I can get these ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We’re 6 weeks into ownership no seat covers have tried to purchase the ones Steve kindly provided a picture of unfortunately they are still unavailable any advice where I can get these?

We spent ~£1000 on Jackyards seat covers for all seven seats. Not everyone's cup of tea (or budget) but we love them.

http://www.jackyards.com/

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Hi folks...

We have just bought the VW Ocean seat covers. Not cheap (£199) but a very good fit and so far they have done the job.

We’re 6 weeks into ownership no seat covers have tried to purchase the ones Steve kindly provided a picture of unfortunately they are still unavailable any advice where I can get these ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have you tried contacting Nick at the club shop based in Bolsover

The Inka ones are airbag compliant, around £120.

We fitted the Inka ones over two years ago, yes they are grey but I care not one bit. The kids have dropped drinks and food on them they put their muddy shoes on them and they just wipe clean and because they are cheap I am in no way precious of them. The seats underneath are in pristine condition plus they are air bag compatible.

I bought a set of inka's today.
Waiting for them to arrive (probably around Tuesday).
I don't see them as the final solution but needed to get something on there in this weather with our dogs mud collecting habits.
So fingers crossed as they were irresistible + £40 'on the bay'.
Now the colour?
Not telling you as I will surely get arrested by the taste police

I bought a set of inka's today.
Waiting for them to arrive (probably around Tuesday).
I don't see them as the final solution but needed to get something on there in this weather with our dogs mud collecting habits.
So fingers crossed as they were irresistible + £40 'on the bay'.
Now the colour?
Not telling you as I will surely get arrested by the taste police

Baby poo beige by any chance?

Arhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Damn you got me.
They look so classy in the flesh though (when they arrive I'll confirm that regardless of how they look).
It seriously the back seat has a snug throw on it which will remain over the cover anyhow and later a decent set of covers will be worn.

Arhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Damn you got me.
They look so classy in the flesh though (when they arrive I'll confirm that regardless of how they look).
It seriously the back seat has a snug throw on it which will remain over the cover anyhow and later a decent set of covers will be worn.

They are a no brainer at that price, I saw them the other day and was tempted, I am sure they do like ok better in the flesh as I saw someone with a set at a meet.

Make sure you post some pics when they arrive

I have them in this colour...such a good description. (-:

I want heated seats & a leather retrim but I think I will need to do a great deal more persuading the OH that's it's an investment.

Does anybody have a link to the jackyard grey ones on flea bay. I can’t seen to locate :Nailbiting:thanks

They are a no brainer at that price,
Make sure you post some pics when they arrive
Pics aren't great and do them no favours. I might take some daylight pics when the creases drop out.
But I'm very pleased with them.
You see I abandoned seat covers in the 80's when they were frankly bloody useless on my budget.
So these at £39.99 in glorious gold ;) have been a pleasant surprise. I have so far done the minimum effort to get them fitted so with a little care it will improve.
I would say, if you can get a decent discount on a set of these you can't be disappointed. They are a good blend between thin and durable, airbag friendly and came in a box and transparent case which put me in the right frame of mind from the offset as to their quality. I wouldn't call them tailored but on the other hand they'll stay in place even with kids and animals pulling everything around.
One final note,
They are closer to the original seat cover than my iPhone pics show in the dark.IMG_4352.JPGIMG_4353.JPGIMG_4355.JPG