Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Seat covers

Tompoole

Tompoole

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Ok , got most basic things sorted as we are not new to camping but
Need to know what seat covers are people using ?
Good value and tight fitting who’s best?
Thanks
T

If your profile pic represents your life, then INKA look to be the best bet, at least in the winter.

Choices seem to be.
Bargain basement covers - like Lidl (if you can find them when you want them).
Inka - Waterproof but not very breathable (some people get sweaty on long journeys but not an issue for others). Airbag friendly and they say they are tailored.
Brandrup - very very nice in 2 or 3 different versions. Not cheap so you may feel like you need to protect them too which at that money may defeat the object.
Jackyards - Custom covers I know nothing about these except once more they seemed expensive.

Generally other than your bargain basement ones, they are all a lot of money but I got a great deal on my Inka's on fleabay. Fit is pretty good but not as tailored as you'd like.

Ok , got most basic things sorted as we are not new to camping but
Need to know what seat covers are people using ?
Good value and tight fitting who’s best?
Thanks
T

I have got the Dark GTI ones from the club shop. Easy to fit, look good and comfortable on a long journey. And VIP discount with free delivery.

Agree. The club seat covers are excellent. I only removed mine as had offer for leather which I always wanted.

Ooo, thanks for those tips - never heard of the them before...significantly cheaper than Brandrup :thanks

I have no own experience however two friends tested them and they are happy. They were hatd to fit but Brandrup ones also takes some time.

question - ive seen a few vlogs etc with people using some grey/black seat covers, they have OCEAN embroidered on them. I think Brandrup used to make them for VW, but assume they are now discontinued?
These by far look rugged enough and perfect for the job. Does ANYBODY know where to get them from?

If you look back old posts re new seat covers you might find images of the clubs shop seat covers. I only removed for leather and to be honest they looked just as good as my leather.

The waterproof ones with Ocean embroidered can be bought from SMG Cowfold about £200.
I forot them in my previous list but I bet the Inka ones are as good.

The waterproof ones with Ocean embroidered can be bought from SMG Cowfold about £200.
I forot them in my previous list but I bet the Inka ones are as good.

Inca actually make them for VW ...
genuine Cali seat covers out of the vw parts brochure..these are Inca
I bought mine from vw
you can get the same from Inca for £130
But
No stock a few months back
I’m impatient and wanted them before our first camping trip as the van was brand new
Good fit and a choice of grey or black
Black is the newest edition
Would recommend them

Don't forget to check that they are airbag compatible and are weakened on the outside where the front seat airbags are.

Don't forget to check that they are airbag compatible and are weakened on the outside where the front seat airbags are.
I can't imagine they wont be, my inka covers are actually open down the side.

Like others say, it depends upon a lot of things - budget, personal preference (dogs, kids, etc.) and what you will use the cali for.

We have Brandrup - it takes an expert to tell that it is not the original, but a cover. Wash them every spring, and all look new, neat and tidy. I have a waterproof cover for when I drive in my wetsuit from beach to beach (on rare occasions).

No matter what you go for, be sure it is legal to use with Airbag.

I always wonder why people spend money on seat covers to hide their lovely new seats.

I have the inka and love them. I got mine from their ebay store ... I think about £124 last year. I like the look the brandrup fabric ones ... but rather short of pennies after new van in October. I have 3 dogs too. Xx

I have the inka and love them. I got mine from their ebay store ... I think about £124 last year. I like the look the brandrup fabric ones ... but rather short of pennies after new van in October. I have 3 dogs too. Xx

I also have the Inka but I would certainly not say I love them, they serve a purpose but they make the interior damn depressing, as if all the grey floor and blinds were not enough.

IMG_0464.JPG IMG_0465.JPG IMG_0468.JPG IMG_0470.JPG We've had our Cali 2 years and I've been torn between leather and covers. In the end I've plumped for the GTI covers from the club shop as I thought they would be more comfortable than leather when camping. The existing seats have got quite a few marks and stains, which they seem to acquire all too easily and now with a new, always muddy, border collie we felt we had to do something before the start of the season. So..

I've just, today, fitted the black GTI seat covers to my T6 Cali and despite learning a few new and imaginative profanities I am very pleased with the finished result. They are hard to fit, but that is because they are so snug. When I first put the back seat cover on it looked 50mm too small, and it took a lot of swearing and stretching to get it to fit.

A few photos, these seats have never even been sat on and I'm sure some of the creases, which they got in packing, will disappear in a couple of days.

I also have the Inka but I would certainly not say I love them, they serve a purpose but they make the interior damn depressing, as if all the grey floor and blinds were not enough.
Mine are black. .. in a white van, so look ok. I would like the brandrup ones. I'e got the brandrup carpets, which make the van feel cosier and some colourful cushions.

They look great @Keith Smith and don't let anyone tell you that swearing while fitting them doesn't help ;)