Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Seat covers

Check out Jackyards, they are well made and you can specify colours and logos. Made from sail canvas, very hard wearing and can be washed in the washing machine although they fit very well so a struggle to get off.

Check out Jackyards, they are well made and you can specify colours and logos. Made from sail canvas, very hard wearing and can be washed in the washing machine although they fit very well so a struggle to get off.
I find them loose fitting and easy to get on and off. Practically perfect in every way.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

I find them loose fitting and easy to get on and off. Practically perfect in every way.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu
Apart from the fact they could be lethal in an accident due to the airbags not being able to deploy. I just wouldnt risk it. These company' s
Like inka and brandrup spend millions on developing safe products

Inka I went for .... fitted in minutes and waterproof .... exactly what I wanted them to be

Isofix car seat an issue so we have to peel back to drive down then put back on once there

I also went for the GTI ones from the shop which i believe hopefully are airbag compatible ??
As stated above not the easiest things to fit but certainly look good after a lot of blood, sweat and tea. IMG_20180130_104425598_HDR.jpg IMG_20180130_104814967_HDR.jpg

Looking great. You are correct these are airbag compatable each set they make has a unique code produced by the machine they use to sew the special thread this code is produced on a label that is then sewn into the seat cover so each cover can be traced back to the factory and even the date and time they were produced. Alot of companys just sew an airbag label on to make it look like they comply. Enjoy your new covers.

• Informative
Reactions: Loz
Looking great. You are correct these are airbag compatable each set they make has a unique code produced by the machine they use to sew the special thread this code is produced on a label that is then sewn into the seat cover so each cover can be traced back to the factory and even the date and time they were produced. Alot of companys just sew an airbag label on to make it look like they comply. Enjoy your new covers.
Thank you for that information Kev very reassuring i thought they would be as you are selling them in the shop. I will add that the service and delivery from Nick was first class.
Thank you again Nick for your useful advice (egg flipper)

Ok , got most basic things sorted as we are not new to camping but
Need to know what seat covers are people using ?
Good value and tight fitting who’s best?
Thanks
T
I just fitted my new Jackyards covers. We do a lot of camping with dogs that alive swimming, rolling in sand etc, so something that is waterproof, washable was important. Very happy with the end result... expensive, but looks nice and suits our needs!

B98EF47E-3D4F-4BC2-9A4E-1DDECC127C70.jpeg

CFD0C293-6804-481E-8BD5-BF6206384CE0.jpeg

59B507C3-3765-4B7D-9832-E57A8DF21ACF.jpeg

We wanted to get these but they say they are not air bag certified and due to the thick material I would be really worried what would happen to the airbag if it deployed, it is a shame she can't sort it out

View attachment 29499 View attachment 29500 View attachment 29501 View attachment 29502 We've had our Cali 2 years and I've been torn between leather and covers. In the end I've plumped for the GTI covers from the club shop as I thought they would be more comfortable than leather when camping. The existing seats have got quite a few marks and stains, which they seem to acquire all too easily and now with a new, always muddy, border collie we felt we had to do something before the start of the season. So..

I've just, today, fitted the black GTI seat covers to my T6 Cali and despite learning a few new and imaginative profanities I am very pleased with the finished result. They are hard to fit, but that is because they are so snug. When I first put the back seat cover on it looked 50mm too small, and it took a lot of swearing and stretching to get it to fit.

A few photos, these seats have never even been sat on and I'm sure some of the creases, which they got in packing, will disappear in a couple of days.
I also fitted these and very happy with the look but I also found them hard to fit and had sore fingers for days after!

Just a word of warning.
Fitting Seat Covers that are NOT certified for use with side air bags fitted to your vehicle can:
1. Cause severe injury to the neck and spine if the airbag cannot deploy properly.
2. Fitting of such non-certified covers is a Safety Modification and you should notify your Insurance Company.
3. If fitted and you are involved in an accident then Insurance cover for any personal injury could be refused and could but probably not invalidate any claim for vehicle damage as well.

The same would apply to a retrim as well if not certified.

Fitted these GTI style covers in Grey as the club ones were darker than i wanted although equally nice. As many have said fitting is not the easiest mainly down to the woeful instructions. However the product is a really very good quality and fit. These came from Seatskinz in Wigan who i found were very good to deal with.

T3lm8zyVS8CDlWA1HFULHw.jpg L1NfwDnrRHGe+rHVVQ2tbQ.jpg aYZsdOInTP6GKGd4sRuwvw.jpg ddfPZ3WvTiiPMjKnXkYlhQ.jpg O+B6J7VGRnuTxFoGxdqbww.jpg

Fitted these GTI style covers in Grey as the club ones were darker than i wanted although equally nice. As many have said fitting is not the easiest mainly down to the woeful instructions. However the product is a really very good quality and fit. These came from Seatskinz in Wigan who i found were very good to deal with.

View attachment 41366 View attachment 41367 View attachment 41368 View attachment 41369 View attachment 41370

These look very nice! We live near Wigan and have a new Indium Grey Ocean arriving in a couple of weeks. Which of their ranges did you design these from - I can't seem to find any material to match those on their website?
Did you get them to fit them or do it yourself?

John

Im very pleased with them. They come from there basic range. If your near them i would recommend you visit. Yes I fitted and not the worst job i have done that was the isotop. Trouble is the instructions are poor. I will send you a pm

Are Seatskinz still trading? I remember coming across a liquidation notice a few weeks back when I was researching seat covers.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Yes they are. Probably the company reborn. Its the outfit in Wigan