Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Seat Runners

Mama Mama

Mama Mama

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
I have a vw cali 2007 recently bought and it is such a struggle to move the back seat forward and back. It seems the offside runner is the issue maybe . I have tried to clean the runners (although they look fine) Should I grease them too? Is it possible the wheels have dropped or broken?

Can anyone recommend a good garage that could help me with issues such as these please. I live in Lewes, East Sussex Uk

Thank you

I have a vw cali 2007 recently bought and it is such a struggle to move the back seat forward and back. It seems the offside runner is the issue maybe . I have tried to clean the runners (although they look fine) Should I grease them too? Is it possible the wheels have dropped or broken?

Can anyone recommend a good garage that could help me with issues such as these please. I live in Lewes, East Sussex Uk

Thank you
I don’t know if the mechanism is the same but with my 2018 Ocean, if you lift the lever then try to move the bench seat it can appear almost stuck. The trick is to lift the lever and then give it an additional pull up and this releases it perfectly.
It may not be this but just in case ....?

You could try some silicone spray on the runners. Always best to sit in the middle of seat at the front when trying to move it .

I don’t know if the mechanism is the same but with my 2018 Ocean, if you lift the lever then try to move the bench seat it can appear almost stuck. The trick is to lift the lever and then give it an additional pull up and this releases it perfectly.
It may not be this but just in case ....?
sadly not the case.
You could try some silicone spray on the runners. Always best to sit in the middle of seat at the front when trying to move it .
Yep Tried that too. I think maybe one of the wheels has dislodged or worn or is stuck. Brute force and two people to slide it has worked. It seems stuck on one of the rear wheels/runners. I have booked it in to a garage now as I do not know what to do. Not sure if anyone else has had these issues

I have replaced the wheels on my 2015 SE
If you fancy having a go........
1st remove the under bench drawer, it is fixed to the runners by 2 screws visible inside the drawer.
Then remove the runners.
You can then remove metal plates on each side of the space under the bench. Some of the bolts are tricky to get to and from memory it's easier if you remove the seat belts + remember that the seat base lifts up slightly.
This will expose the mechanism and you should be able to see what is going on.
Unfortunately the wheels are pretty much the only bit that can be bought as a spare part (about £20 for 4). They are held on with c clips so a pair of c clip pliers is very helpful.
All possible without removing the seat but involves a bit of crawling about!