Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Seating 5 in a T6 camper

Roc1

Roc1

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Whilst we are a family of 4, quite often we are giving someone a lift etc, so wanted to see if many go for the 2+1 front seats option in their campers? I wanted to avoid the single seat pod thing for the rear, and having 3 rear seats in a row seems quite tight with a camper conversion.

Just in the process of costing it all up basically, and as this is the first camper for us want to make sure we cover all bases!

The 2+1 front seats seems the best option, but I had heard a comment that the front bench seat isn't that comfy, but not sure how true that is!

Thanks!

I have traveled in 2 seat passenger seat in my sons T5 van and for 2 adults there's not a lot of width and the person in the middle has his knee pressed onto the gear lever tower which after a few miles is very uncomfortable. Two children would be ok.
If you want the twin passenger seat to rotate then it takes a lot of shuffling to achieve.

Whilst we are a family of 4, quite often we are giving someone a lift etc, so wanted to see if many go for the 2+1 front seats option in their campers? I wanted to avoid the single seat pod thing for the rear, and having 3 rear seats in a row seems quite tight with a camper conversion.

Just in the process of costing it all up basically, and as this is the first camper for us want to make sure we cover all bases!

The 2+1 front seats seems the best option, but I had heard a comment that the front bench seat isn't that comfy, but not sure how true that is!

Thanks!
I did a partial camper conversion and got a swivel for the double passenger seat. The height added to the seat made it a little to tall for me (6ft1). It is a bit of a magic trick to master the swivel too. The seat isn't comfortable to sit on long journeys and as snowy said the middle seat is a little snug as far as leg room.

Buy a beach with a 3 seat bench - fits 3 in the back in comfort - it's what I have for a family of 5. Much better than the Toyota verso we came from in terms of width and that was ok for 3 adults in the back.

Thanks guys. I want to have the camper interior (sink/fridge/hob etc) otherwise the Beach would work well. Not a big deal if I can't get a 5th seat, but was trying to future proof myself :)

If you want 5 seats for everyday car mode and 4 for camping then the additional single seat is fine. Take out the stops in the rails and the bench will go much further back leaving plenty room for the single seat facing either forwards or backwards. It is very easy to fit / replace the single seat.

But you obviously lose boot space so this option isn't so good for camping trips. If you need 5 then the Beach may be a better option.

Back