Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Security Alarm Cameras and Email

Niborn

Niborn

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Just reading about the TERRIBLE Cali Beach Attack in Cheltenham and made me think , it wouldnt be not very hard to fit a security device which both emailed a picture of inside movement , with a noise in the email as it arrived. It would require a mobile internet device but these things are cheap now and work internationally ( around 10 a month from 3 mobile ) as well can be used to get internet whilst on the move .

Such a camera would cost around £60 and would take good pictures , hopefully of the vandals .

Also a siren , which really makes a noise , say 120db is only about £15 to buy and easy to rig up.

I will try and get these set up in my Cali and make another post on the progress ( I am not a techy at all but feel confident this can be achieved )

Clever Dog do a 4G capable motion activated camera no siren but would fit your bill perhaps. The challenge would be hiding it.

Clever Dog do a 4G capable motion activated camera no siren but would fit your bill perhaps. The challenge would be hiding it.
I think one of the black foscam cameras which runoff a USB port , or can run three days off a USB battery pack would be fine, like the C1, I use these at home they are excellent and can push emails , or live video ,and also you can listen in the vehicle via the camera , sound will also set off a series of pictures . They are very discreet , if you want them to be because one can turn off all lights and then they would blend into the background as a non disctinctive round circle ( without the base )

AlertPal did one. Can run on 12V and sends text message and photos. Don't know if they still available though. https://blog.spycameracctv.com/introducing-the-alert-pal-home-security-system
I had a look at that , nice little package , especially suitable for those who use pay as you go gsm , although compared to a foscam c1 it's a bit costly , but then there is no annual subscription and it also sends text messages , also it comes with more kit , suppose the sensors could be fitted on the Cali doors ?

I think all of this stuff is worth it , it's a bit like having any form of insurance one doesn't want it to be needed but when it is it's can save the day.

Another thought - We have a 24 hour monitored alarm at home which is linked to the police , it's a bit like the Alert Pal but it's fully monitored , I'm positive that Securitas , the company who run it , would offer the same for a Cali as a home , it would be an expensive option but it would give total peace of mind . It's all battery operated and the alarm is deafeningly loud . It also operates on GSM. You would only need the smallest product option of course . I think that's around 25£ a month .