Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

DIY Phone Dock in Cubby

Auberg-ine

Auberg-ine

Is it an office? Is it a lounge? Is it a camper?
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Tired of plugging in this phone cable with both hands, and not liking to add a phone holder on the dash.
So I tinkered one myself with an old broken plastic photo frame, 3 doorstops and some velcro. Now I just slide the iphone in, plugged and hidden!

IMG_0611.jpg IMG_0612.jpg IMG_0613.jpg IMG_0614.jpg iphone dock 2 Auberg-ine.jpg IMG_0618.jpg
iphone dock 2 Auberg-ine.jpg
(before I glued it all together I had to turn the little brown block 180° in order to be able to fit the back frame; see photo 5)

Last edited:
Had to look for my old phone-camera, but here you are Steve:

iphone dock 3 Auberg-ine.jpg

Also, I moved the two doorstops a little bit more towards the back for better attachment. The thick double tape patches I used seem to work perfect as shock absorbers. Did the test on cobble stones, stays perfectly stable.
Oh, and yes, it's the iphone 6+

Last edited:
Love it, nice work. I'm often hopping in and out of the van and it's a pain reconnecting the cable every time. Have (so far) been using a very short (10cm) cable to stop it sprawling out of the cubby, but will now attempt a similar build.... :)

Thanks Alibee. That photo frame I had just fitted perfectly. But if you don't find similar, an old phone case from which you cut off 2 cm at the top, stuck on a thin pannel will do the trick as well.
Enjoy!

Love seeing people's Cali mod's.
for me happy how the phone fits as standard in ours.

Back