westfalia

westfalia

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Does anyone think that it is really possible to
completely isolate, each week there will be a few transactions
and i didn't really realise how much i touched my face until i became
aware of it
and now my hands are all dry because i wash them constantly.

aware of it
I’ll let you know as a family we are on day 1 of 14 and there is enough alcohol I hope

aware of it
I think complete isolation is almost impossible to achieve but any reduction in contacts has got to help reduce the amount/speed of the spread.

Moisturiser will be the next panic buy!

I think complete isolation is almost impossible to achieve but any reduction in contacts has got to help reduce the amount/speed of the spread.
Yes, thats what i think too, i can reduce the contact down really low
but we will struggle going full cold turkey.
Even the postman might bring it to us, b----rd.

but we will struggle going full cold turkey.
Even the postman might bring it to us, b----rd.

I just got an Amazon delivery. (Panic buying coffee).
Open door, pick up package, close door with elbow. Unwrap package and put cardboard at the bottom of pile for kindling. (Virus can live for three days on cardboard) Wash hands. Have a cup of coffee.
I’m on a water meter, bills going to be enormous

Mike

So can I apart from shopping.
I need to go to the shops to get my shopping and my elderly parents shopping it is the only task where I need to go to a crowded place and I am not self-isolated. However, the shelves are often empty so I have to go back 2 or 3 times to get limited supplies. Surely this can not be right.

So can I apart from shopping.
I need to go to the shops to get my shopping and my elderly parents shopping it is the only task where I need to go to a crowded place and I am not self-isolated. However, the shelves are often empty so I have to go back 2 or 3 times to get limited supplies. Surely this can not be right.
It will calm down next week and the Supermarkets will catch up. I hope.

aware of it
I know exactly what you mean me too!!!
Same here with the hands aswell...
The next epidemic will be hand rot due to cracked skin!!!!! ;)

At the beginning of February I stocked with four weeks of food for a family of four. I felt rather stupid for doing so at the time, but my brother had just returned from his home in Hong Kong from where he regularly travelled into the mainland, and he spooked me. I was going to confess my folly in the thread "prepping" but was met with some moderately derogatory comments, (such as seasonal flu being more dangerous) so didn't.

I reckon we could do a Jesus and last forty days and forty nights without a visit to Aldi, Asda, Lidl, Sainsbury, Tesco or Waitrose. If our water supply was cut, we'd have problems, but I did also get some iodine tablets. (No loo paper though, I thought a shower should do, but that too relies on a supply of water.)

Those Japanese toilets seem to make
more and more sense.

If you somehow got sh1t on your hands, you wouldn’t make do with smearing it off with paper. Nothing less than soap and water would do.

Bidet, Japanese toilets or even the Indian soap and bucket of water all seem more hygienic.

Last edited:
We have been living in a segregated house for the last week. Hubby was brought back early from a skiing trip in Italy and told he had to self isolate for 14 days. We have not been within 2-3m of each other since before he set off. We are each living in our own different rooms. It’s not fun for either of us. I am allowed out and can still go to work, he has to stay in and work from home. Must be dreadful for those families who all have to remain in the house together, they must be going stir crazy.

I am into day -1 of self-isolation.

Day -1 because I am taking my sister, our dog and her caravan back home on Thursday to begin self-isolation. Boris has at least given us to the weekend.

It is going to be one of the toughest periods of my life. One of because in 1967 the UK suffered a foot and mouth outbreak that as a climber put my whole world on hold, not for 12 weeks but for 9 months, and because of circumstance meant I missed my place on a bit of Himalayan glory.

It has to be done. This virus may be sod all, or as in 1918/1919 mutate into something quite terrible. We have all grown soft and flabby. We have had no war in Europe in 75 years, no pestilence, no famine and until now no plague. We could, just could, have a plague. If we do nothing, be selfish, just do our own thing, think of only me, we will have a plague. Then we will suffer.

This is no dress rehearsal. The virus of 1918 was mild, the bitch it mutated into was vicious.

I have no idea how I am going to survive 12 - 15 -26 weeks of lockdown. I will do. I can survive (sorry Gloria), if I don't do it then a lot less will. This is not about me, it's about us.

Take it seriously people.

If you were a prisoner of the enemy in a war, or an inmate in a real prison, you would still survive.
Having to stay in your own home with tv, internet, books, whatsapp, facetime, emails, tea, biscuits, using your own bathroom, sleeping in your own bed etc it is living like a king, it is pure luxury.
Let's get real guys, staying at home for a month it isn't tough at all.

Must be dreadful for those families who all have to remain in the house together, they must be going stir crazy.
We're keeping the boys off school. 2 days so far. Each morning we work out a structure to the day, involving the boys as much as we can in the decisions. Clare and I alternate between working and childcare. But I guess we are very lucky - our house has three reception rooms and by London standards, a large garden.

I’ve stocked up with loads of stuff, food & drink, toilet roll, paint, sand, gravel, cement and paving slabs. Going to paint the house and then do a new patio. I have Athsma so all I have to do is live long enough to get all the work done.
Love this !!!!!!
make the most of a bad situation,,
Re: the asthma,I too have it asthma and it is pretty worrying to be honest.....my new 6.1 may end up in the classified ads if I joss it ...
The mrs will be 60k better off

Love this !!!!!!
make the most of a bad situation,,
Re: the asthma,I too have it asthma and it is pretty worrying to be honest.....my new 6.1 may end up in the classified ads if I joss it ...
The mrs will be 60k better off
Asthma, I have it but it seems I can’t spell it.

Asthma, I have it but it seems I can’t spell it.
It’s a funny one ....I had help from predictive txt otherwise it would of spelt astma:) and panic ordering prescriptions so I’m a bit more used to the spelling of it now

Day 2 of self isolation here for our family can we keep a safe distance from Stanley our 5 year old who has a nasty cough, no is the simple answer to that are we going stir crazy not yet we are building structure into our day. I have asked work if there is anything I can do so am now providing technical support down the phone for our contact centre for gas related problems for residents of the housing association I work for.
This is a very serious situation we find ourselves in as a society the most serious since the Second World War, the difference is our grandparents were sent off to fight where we are being asked to sit on the sofa watch Netflix

Back