Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Selling my Cali

D

Davidandbev

VIP Member
Hi, could someone please tell me how I go about selling my Cali via the owners club. It appears there is an advertising cost of £19.99 but not sure if commission is payable and what the process is. Can someone please advise on this? Thanks David and Bev

A bit more info that may be usefull.
If you list it on EBAY do a Classified listing as it's an up front fee (was £38) with no more to pay.

Hi, thanks for this. Do you know if there would there be a final value fee associated with a car sale on EBay?

Hi, thanks for this. Do you know if there would there be a final value fee associated with a car sale on EBay?
No, not if you use a classified add.

Beware with eBay, you will get a lot of time wasters with stupid offers and people trying to scam you. Normally it is buyer beware but in eBays case it is also seller beware!

Hi, can you please let me know which is the most popular advert to go for when selling on the Cali Owners Club website. There seems to be a choice of 2, 4 or 6 weeks. Thanks David and Bev.

Like others have said beware of scammers. You will get silly offers on EBAY but that seems 'normal' these days.
Also I was advised to be very careful of payment methods. usual cheque's are a known problem, even can be forged Bankers Draughts most worrying was hearing of cases where cash was paid but it turned out to be forged notes.
Foreign Bank transfers can be retracted later, British ones can't, our Banks don't seem interested in this.
If the vehicle is going for export be very careful.

Makes trading in more attractive especially if 30 - 40 grand can go walkabout.

You could try Gumtree. It's free and I sold my Mums car in a few hours.

One member posted it for sale on here in the classifieds and sold it within 2 hours. I find eBay is to full of scammers
That was me. Had loads of genuine calls and to be honest if you don't like the sound of them or they are not willing to meet your requirements get shot of them. Genuine buyers are always happy to work with you for a hassle free sale. You must also remember it's a two way street as both parties are worried about their hard earned money.

Also I would only use a CHAPS payment via your bank with a follow up phone call to them before handing over the keys.

Sold mine on the forum within days of it being advertised. Had 8 people phone up about it in the end. I read a lot on the net about selling safely. I wouldn't touch eBay personally when you've got a dedicated forum here!

Just Kampers market place is good.

Sold our previous van on here, we received three phone calls within the first hour (does an alert go out?) anyway, we ended up with two people wanting it so we got asking price and a deposit before they even saw it. The used market is crazy for Cali's, why anyone would trade one in is madness as we got £6500 more than the dealer offered us.

One member posted it for sale on here in the classifieds and sold it within 2 hours. I find eBay is to full of scammers
haven't recived acces code in email to edit advert, have paid £29,00

You should have recieved it I have made your add live

Is this email correct?

View attachment 18911
Yes the email is correct but still no AD access key please can you send again thanks
If it helps the browser crashed before we finished the ad, if no joy with Key is possible
for you to edit Advert

Last edited:
Yes the email is correct but still no AD access key please can you send again thanks
If it helps the browser crashed before we finished the ad, if no joy with Key is possible
for you to edit Advert

We are looking into this pm the changes you would like and I will change it for you in the meantime

We are looking into this pm the changes you would like and I will change it for you in the meantime
Please could you change the mileage to 16,000 plus we need upload 4 more photos