Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sensitivity of Interior climate control?

Ocean Spirit

Ocean Spirit

Eating Ice Cream, skimming stones.
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Just remembered as I continue my search for an SE or Ocean that the only thing I wasn't sure about in our hired T6 was as per title.
In my current car, keeping a constant cabin temperature happens without being noticeable but in that T6 ocean that we hired it didn't handle that task very well. I'd get cycles of hot blasts and cold blasts to try to regulate the interior temperature without it really settling down. It didn't make any difference if we were cruising or in traffic. It had a hard time.
I was too excited about every thing else to be particularly bothered about it and I have no idea if the settings for tri-climate were all over the place which could have been a factor.
What the general opinion of the climate control?

Just remembered as I continue my search for an SE or Ocean that the only thing I wasn't sure about in our hired T6 was as per title.
In my current car, keeping a constant cabin temperature happens without being noticeable but in that T6 ocean that we hired it didn't handle that task very well. I'd get cycles of hot blasts and cold blasts to try to regulate the interior temperature without it really settling down. It didn't make any difference if we were cruising or in traffic. It had a hard time.
I was too excited about every thing else to be particularly bothered about it and I have no idea if the settings for tri-climate were all over the place which could have been a factor.
What the general opinion of the climate control?
Cannot speak for the T6 but no such problems on my T5 unless a significant temperature change made in one of the 3 zones, but soon settles down and I believe the T6 uses a similar control system.

With regards to the T6 I can't comment about the rear of the vehicle when driving - only two of us.

Early on, we did notice it did blow a bit hot and cold, but then we realised the vents on the dash were fully closed.
After that we left them all slightly open and found on auto it gave a very comfortable environment drivers side at 19.5C, passengers at 21C whatever the outside temperatures (near freezing to 34C). In the higher temperatures it was a bit fierce and noisy when you set off after a break in the service stations, but that quietened down within a few minutes.

Great stuff!
Sounds like what ever way it was all set up then.
I didn't explore it, I just kept the front 2 teps on 20 degrees and left it. So an odd thing that it struggled but I was sure it's more intelligent than my experience.

Great stuff!
Sounds like what ever way it was all set up then.
I didn't explore it, I just kept the front 2 teps on 20 degrees and left it. So an odd thing that it struggled but I was sure it's more intelligent than my experience.
Did you have the a/c on? It might struggle to reach 20 without a/c due to ambient air temps etc.

Yes LarryL but closed or nearly closed front vents is possible.

Back