Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Service Book with New T6

aled james

aled james

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Just a query after picking up a new T6 Ocean.

Is it correct that there is no longer a service book supplied with the vehicle?? Sales man says that since service record has gone digital then a service book or wallet is no longer supplied??

I'm assuming that the salesman is being truthful but thought it was worth asking to check.

Reactions: X77
That is correct, also for the future you can request a print out of the service history at any time from a dealer.

Many thanks Martin.:thumb

Reactions: X77
Yes I just went into the dealer to chase mine and was told the same. I was wondering whether it was BS until I read this. That means there’s no data sticker if you ever need to check any codes etc but you can ob get a print out.

The only literature I got was an owner’s manual, a Cali supplement, sat nav manual and VW assistance manual.

The mods need to change the handover checklist with this and a few other things (like only one levelling screw on outside table legs, shower/towbar stuff and compressor (in lieu of spare)).

Just a query after picking up a new T6 Ocean.

Is it correct that there is no longer a service book supplied with the vehicle?? Sales man says that since service record has gone digital then a service book or wallet is no longer supplied??

I'm assuming that the salesman is being truthful but thought it was worth asking to check.
That saves me asking that question. The dealer was about to get a call.

As I mentioned in another post we have that system for our Golf - its very unsatisfactory. Only authorised dealers can add to the record too. I have been told you can request a traditional service book, which I will be doing at the next visit!

A bit of thread resurrection

I recently had some warranty work carried out on my Cali.
at collection I asked for the paperwork relating to the work carried out.
initially I was was told that I could not have any paperwork as the dealer needed to send it to VW to complete! ( the work was already carried out )

when I chased this with the dealer, I was told that they can’t provide me with the paperwork due to GDPR !

this line has been maintained by the dealers service desk rep.

now I am told that another department will be dealing with my request for service paperwork!

I received an email from the dealers booking admin advisor to advise that someone currently not in the business (annual leave) will deal with my service record query On his return!

what possible and reasonable explanation could explain the lack of provision of paperwork for work carried out many weeks previously?

GDPR relating to a van I own ?

I was under the misguided impression that if I request paperwork to back up work carried out on my van the “electronic “ record would be made available, which appears not to be the case.

it would appear that getting a paperwork record for work VW authorised to be carried out on my van is not as simple as asking for a print out at the dealer where the work was completed!

has anyone else’s experience of the reluctance to provide records of work ?

Back