Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Service costs

Gibros

Gibros

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi there, our t6 beach is now 2 years/10000 Miles so is due a service. Vw heritage in Bristol are quoting over £400. Is this right/how much should I be paying?

Hi there, our t6 beach is now 2 years/10000 Miles so is due a service. Vw heritage in Bristol are quoting over £400. Is this right/how much should I be paying?
Depends on type of service you will get.

There are 2 types of service...1.Oil Change service 2. Oil Change with Inspection service.

£400 is steep for an oil change service, after all you'll get one of these at an independent for under £200.

The 2nd service is more extensive where everything is checked/inspected and reported on, perhaps with remedial actions (you will pay or will be covered under warranty).

You need to aim to get an Inspection service completed whilst the van is still under VW warranty - so that anything broken gets fixed at VW expense. Start to compile a list of issues so that you can recall this with VW.

The in-van system panel will tell you when each type of service is due.

If only 10000 miles in 2 years that is very low use. I would think a full service would be preferable to ensure long life. Perhaps WG or Loz may offer better advice.

An old chesntut I know but I'll throw it in anyway... ;)

5000 miles a year for any vehicle and it would be hugely preferable to have a yearly service/inspection. Always remember long life servicing is (a carrot) aimed mainly at fleet business users who will do 15-20,000 in 6 months.

The idea of having a £50k vehicle with a van engine doing less than 100 miles a week with no one putting it on a ramp to check it over for 2 years from new is just not right IMHO. :Nailbiting

If you bring it in a good VW garage they will do what needs to be done and charge the correct ammount . Simple as that !

Depends on type of service you will get.

There are 2 types of service...1.Oil Change service 2. Oil Change with Inspection service.

£400 is steep for an oil change service, after all you'll get one of these at an independent for under £200.

The 2nd service is more extensive where everything is checked/inspected and reported on, perhaps with remedial actions (you will pay or will be covered under warranty).

You need to aim to get an Inspection service completed whilst the van is still under VW warranty - so that anything broken gets fixed at VW expense. Start to compile a list of issues so that you can recall this with VW.

The in-van system panel will tell you when each type of service is due.
Just be warned that at 2 years, never mind the milage , there are certain time sensitive Service items.
AirCon Service, Gearbox Oil Change, Brake Clutch Fluid etc.
All these are Milage or Timed Service items. Your VW Dealership will be able to advise if any or all are required.