• Start date
Pure Worktop Protection

Pure Worktop Protection

VIP Member
Trade Advertiser
VIP Trade Partner
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
My Ocean is just coming up to 3 years old & at 18k. Had the first inspection sevice on the 2 year anniversary at £12k, just had a call from dealer to book in for a service, I was expecting to go another year. Any advice.
Also I have the inclusive service plan that covers 2 x Interim Services & 2 x Full Services, checked last years invoice and shows as interim service, so if the dealer services now will that be a full service?

It sounds to me like your dealer wants you to get into the habit of an annual service. It is not a bad habit to have. With previous cars I've had an annual service and MOT together.

Amarillo has now covered about 54,000 miles since March 2017. Interim service at 17,000 miles in November 2017, full service at 34,000 miles in August 2018. Continuing with that sort of regime, the next interim service would have fallen due at about 51,000 miles, but I had a call in June this year suggesting a service was due. I fell for the trap and had an interim service at 46,500 miles. I guess that what had happened was that SMG had calculated service intervals from previous usage as every 8 or 9 months and set a calendar reminder for that interval.

Just had the first service at 13500+ miles ( 10 months) , not really much of a service more of a check round and oil change. Oil leak from bell housing so its going in next month for a fix.
As the van was purchased with the service package and extended warranty so as to give us peace of mind, I was surprised to learn that the 4 Motion Halex transfer box and rear axle oil change isn't included in the service plan although it is important to change the oil as to the VW schedule. Feeling is that we have been mis led. Has anyone else had the 4 motion gearbox and drive components excluded from the service plan?
Any comments ?

Just had the first service at 13500+ miles ( 10 months) , not really much of a service more of a check round and oil change. Oil leak from bell housing so its going in next month for a fix.
As the van was purchased with the service package and extended warranty so as to give us peace of mind, I was surprised to learn that the 4 Motion Halex transfer box and rear axle oil change isn't included in the service plan although it is important to change the oil as to the VW schedule. Feeling is that we have been mis led. Has anyone else had the 4 motion gearbox and drive components excluded from the service plan?
Any comments ?

The service package for the DSG doesn’t include DSG oil change.

I expect that the service package only includes items common to all engines. I agree that those items not covered should be explicitly pointed out at the time the package is sold.

Any comments ?
They don't do the brake fluid change or service the A/C either. Of course the two diesel heaters are just a figment of your imagination and are just ornaments as far as the service departments are concerned.

Back