Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Service Kits & Fluids - Recommendation

bluerallye

bluerallye

VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Hi all,

Just a recommendation from myself. Gave the Westy a full fluids and filters service yesterday using guidance from the wealth of advice on here and another well know forum.

- VW Heritage for all the filters (air, oil, fuel, transmission and thermostat)

- Ebay seller called Lubriagecarpartsaccessories for all the fluids.

I guess everyone knows the former but the latter is also highly recommended. Good prices, good brands (mine was all Mannol) and free delivery with DPD usually the next day. I paid around £60 for 8l 10/40 semi-synthetic, 4l of Dexron II ATF and 10l of G12 ready mixed coolant.

Good way to spend a wet Saturday morning even though access to the upper thermostat housing bolt is a bit of a pig...especially when you have to do it twice due to noticing the o-ring seal still sat on the workbench :headbang

A3F5A034-912D-4E41-A186-D5FF9D502EAD.jpeg

Quality. That’s what I like to see.

Nice man cave. Spec of the lift?

Not sure about the Ferrari flag but other than that, good stuff :cheers

Wish i had the guts to do all this stuff myself ....great effort from you !
On the other hand a T4 is still more basic then a T5 i assume.

The cave belongs to a friend, think the lifts are rated at 3.5t. Very nice, lift the bus up without effort. The Ferrari flag is all that’s left to remind him of his very nice 328GTS that was in there for a few years before being sold on to some ginger haired DJ from the BBC.

I guess the T4 is a sight more basic than the T5 but as they are both commercial vehicles they’ve packaged them up really well when it comes to ease of access for the routine stuff. Only thing I was a little edgy on was the trans fluid change but this was no problem in the end if you follow the guidance and set the levels in line with the fluid temps.

Happy days! Ready for the first camping trip of ‘18 next weekend to Ullswater!

Wish i had the guts to do all this stuff myself ....great effort from you !
On the other hand a T4 is still more basic then a T5 i assume.
HC, I believe you mean better not basic. We’ll give you that one given that it probably got lost in translation ;)

Back