Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Service Plans

sewb

sewb

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi - has anyone recently taken out a service plan on a new Cali Ocean - just wondered if there are any good deals around at the moment? Thanks

I took one out on a new Cali Coast, I believe the plan is the same for both variants, 2 services for £118.00 icl VAT each.

Took the extended warranty to.

If you are using VW finance you can get first two services for £99 + vat for the two, not each.

I’ve done this but don’t really know what services they are. I’m guessing an oil change and another very minor one. Dealer said 2nd one is major , if that’s the case it’s good value!

It is one minor and one major. At 2 year intervals if you are on long life. It doesn’t include other items such as brake fluid change or cam belt at 4 years.

Hi - has anyone recently taken out a service plan on a new Cali Ocean - just wondered if there are any good deals around at the moment?
Hi, think we might live in the same town (or village without saying exactly were we live) went past a house today with a shiny new Ocean two tone, white and blue silver/grey Audi also on the drive. Wonder if this might be you, we have a two tone white and bay leaf green (our first California) might live a few minutes away, ‘70’ plate as well?

Yes - that’s me! How are you getting on with your van? We absolutely LOVE ours! I will have to look out for you - say hello if you are passing the house and see us. :)

Yes - that’s me! How are you getting on with your van? We absolutely LOVE ours! I will have to look out for you - say hello if you are passing the house and see us.
Hopefully popped a card through your door last night, had to bend the card to post through your smaller letterbox put our email address inside if you wanted to exchange experiences/info?

I’ve taken it. 1 major and another. I’m giving Heritage here in Bristol an opportunity to redeem themselves. I also have a 100% VW history and this encouraged me to continue it.

Anyone managed to purchase 5 year warranty?
Yes - has to be taken out within 90 days of the van being registered - £329+VAT to up it to 5 years 80K miles or about £700 to take it to 150k miles. So pre-registered vans qualify if you are quick enough.

When my last van got to 3 years VW wanted £1500+ for an extra year & didn't cover the roof etc.

If you want it you should go for it when you buy. I cant see anyone loosing out as its a good selling point if you do change vans before 5 years.

I took one out on a new Cali Coast, I believe the plan is the same for both variants, 2 services for £118.00 icl VAT each.

Took the extended warranty to.
Can I get details am being quoted almost double that please

Go to Vw van website & look for california offers. Still showing on there.

Only valid with a new van.

It appears that this price is when you take out finance with an. Price i have been quoted is £478.8 inc vat for 2 services (1 minor 1 major) over 24 month intervals. Seems very expensive.

It appears that this price is when you take out finance with an. Price i have been quoted is £478.8 inc vat for 2 services (1 minor 1 major) over 24 month intervals. Seems very expensive.

No, its still showing on VW offers page without any mention of taking out finance, it just says with a new van.

"Make it cared for with 2 services for £99
At Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles we work with you even after you've driven off in your brand new vehicle. That's why you get 2 services for £99 and 3 years3 roadside assistance across our range. To learn more, speak to your local Van Centre. "

"2.
Service plan covers first two consecutive services limited to x1 oil service and x1 oil and inspection service.
For details of our Roadside Assistance, including applicable exclusions, restrictions and T&Cs, please see our handbook: https://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/ra_handbook "

I have taken the following:
4 year service plan £425 + vat (£510) (2 small, 2 big annual)
Warranty extra 24 months 80k miles £329 + vat (£394)
Felt worthwhile on both to me.

Without finance?

Are you sure its 4 services, thats the normal price for a four year service plan on long life which is 2 services, one every 2 years.

Historical info.
£444.00 for 2 Services taken out 1917.
One done at 2 years and second just done at 4 years. I had oil & filter changes done locally on 2nd and 3rd years regardless of mileage.

Historical info.
£444.00 for 2 Services taken out 1917.
One done at 2 years and second just done at 4 years. I had oil & filter changes done locally on 2nd and 3rd years regardless of mileage.
Expensive in 1917!

Are you sure its 4 services, thats the normal price for a four year service plan on long life which is 2 services, one every 2 years.
Mmm, will double check but was sure that I was told 4 services. The guy said the normal cost was about £1,000 for 4 services hence taking the deal.

Here's the wording from the dealer:

The service plan you can buy now from VW Finance, 2 service for £99 plus vat or 4 for £429 plus vat (good value)normal cost for 4 £1100 plus vat.

Mmm, will double check but was sure that I was told 4 services. The guy said the normal cost was about £1,000 for 4 services hence taking the deal.

Two of the four are just inspections. They will top up washer fluid, but nearly everything else will be chargeable.

Back