Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Service Query

Cameron1960

Cameron1960

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140 4Motion
What should I do. My local garage (Pulman), insist it needs an Inspection Service (£118 inc vat) now, and have indicated that it should also have the Oil Service as well (total cost £185.72). It was last serviced + 25,000 mikes, one year ago (first service). They also advised a new pollen filter £37.30..... help?

68EDF677-404C-4BAC-AAEF-7ADA1D538D4D.jpeg

I personally would have the oil done too if it was me! I have mine on time and distance...but then I only do 8k a year

You want to do more than 25,000 miles on the same oil? I wouldn't.

If it was last serviced, including oil change, at 25,000 miles then the oil has done 15,000 miles which is good enough for me. I would not hang on to it any longer regardless of what the oil indicator states.

Our inspection service indicator came up about two months ago but the oil service won't be due for another 1500 miles. As I have a service contract I didn't really want to waste one of my expensive services on an cursory Inspection Service, I rang the service manager and he suggested waiting until the oil service was due and then they would book both as one service.

I have both done at the same time every 12 months, but then I have been doing 20,000 miles a year.
Even if I was doing less mileage it will still be serviced with oil change every year.

I personally would have the oil done too if it was me! I have mine on time and distance...but then I only do 8k a year

Can you tell me if the MFD service display is different to the oil change/inspection as in the first photo if you opt for the time and distance as I asked my dealer to change to time and distance but it’s still showing the oil change/inspection?

we have a oil change service etc every 10,000 miles and have done since new.... gotta look after it :)

I dont get it. I paid for a service plan... Never gave it a second thought and watched the oil service message come up at around 10 month and 19,000 miles. Rang the garage and they told me with the plan its every 10,000.

Whats the point of saving on a service plan and doubling the service frequency? I dont get that.

I am sure servicing when the vehicle tells you will be good enough.

Ideas ?

Well, unless I have misunderstood your post, it's their fault. They should have reset the service regime on the MFD to accord with the product they had just sold you and not left it on the Long Life service setting. If I were you I would ask why they didn't do this on hand over and explain the plan fully at point of sale. Demand they do their job properly and also sort it out now in your favour. The Long Life service schedule is fine. Demand that they swop your plan to it as recompense for their original failure. It's unlikely to cost them much to do this and it might just recope some brownie points for them if they comply.

Last edited: